New Modest Mouse Hype Thread

And We Were Dead is one of my favorites.....so just because you didn't like it doesn't mean every one didn't!

This! Its got a much different "feel" then the earlier stuff people poop their pants over, but its really really a solid album. 'Florida' is still one of my top jams as far as MM goes; great energy on that record. 

From Interstate-8.com

UPDATE: Revolt.tv has apparently heard back from a rep at Epic, and the album is apparently due out the first quarter of 2015.

Modest Mouse posted their first photograph to Instagram this morning, which appears to be a potential test pressing of a 7" for the track Lampshades On Fire. This means this track could be the first single from the new album.

Lampshades On Fire is the oldest of the batch of new songs that has become part of Modest Mouse's live sets, first making its debut on 2011/05/26.

UPDATE: Looks like the single has been distributed to radio stations and will be making a debut this Monday. What's interesting to note, is that this looks like Modest Mouse is still signed to Epic.

UPDATE: Looks like the single has been distributed to radio stations and will be making a debut this Monday. What's interesting to note, is that this looks like Modest Mouse is still signed to Epic.

yeah this will be album 5 on Epic. I'm sure they signed a deal for X number of albums starting with Moon and Antarctica. Their greatest success has been with Epic so I don't find it too surprising. 'We Were Dead...' even reached number 1 in both the US and CA, a first for them, and 'Good News...' went platinum in the US. Isaac has said that being with a major label has been because he wants a bigger recording budget. He refuses tour support from them so as to keep the "favors" to a minimum and they don't feel too pressured when it comes to other things.

I don't care what anyone says, I still think "We Were Dead," is their best, most musically and lyrically mature, album

Lol, have you listened to any of their other stuff? Saying We Were Dead is more lyrically mature is a joke. Have you ever listened to songs like Broke, Third Planet or Life Like Weeds? That album with never touch any of the first four albums (including SSS) and this new one surely won't either.

With that said, my grumpy rant is over and I will leave this thread/board and not post more.

I think its more mature in the sense of Isaac Brock as a person really. The past two albums have been him overcoming his addiction issues and trouble with the law, DUIs, and the lyrics definitely take a look into the mind of Brock still, as they always have. 'Missed the Boat' is a fantastic example of that, and 'Dashboard' relays the message that when shit goes really wrong, you have to look at what you do have and not take it for granted...and the line 'the dashboard melted but we still have the radio' is a nod to Planes, Trains, and Automobiles when their car melts and John Candy explains to the cop that pulls them over 'well yeah everythings melted but the radio still works!' John Candy is the cheeriest guy and in that movie especially just finds all the greatness in the badness of life that Steve Martin points out throughout the movie.

Their shit is still very deep and heartfelt and has matured over time to be relatable to me still to this day, and to write it off because the album 'will never touch any of the first four albums' is a very naive way of judging albums. Thats me anyways. As I grow, Isaac grows, and I can appreciate that until the end of time.