Coachella 2015 (and other big 2015 festival lineup discussions)

Almost upset that Skate & Surf had such a good update. Will most likely go to it.

The rumored Firefly lineup looks pretty good.. but Amensia Rock Fest is the same weekend, i'm curious to see if they can top last year.

Also excited for Riot Fest to announce (hopefully soon), I already got my 3 day pass for that.

Almost upset that Skate & Surf had such a good update. Will most likely go to it.

The rumored Firefly lineup looks pretty good.. but Amensia Rock Fest is the same weekend, i'm curious to see if they can top last year.

Also excited for Riot Fest to announce (hopefully soon), I already got my 3 day pass for that.

Previously they have announced the lineup later. I want to say like June.

• 2 weeks later...

For folks in Toronto: Field Trip has announced their lineup for this year. It's pretty interesting. Last year I got to go and it was a great time (the year before that my son decided to be born that day...).

field16.jpg

In a lot of ways, as usual, I'm more excited about the bands in smaller text below than the headliners (though a lot of them are coming into town before that - Father John Misty is coming next week, and is well sold out. Glad I'll get to see him sooner than later). Also, I fucking love Rhye.

Have any of you heard anything about this Eaux Claires Music and Arts festival being put on by Justin Vernon and Aaron Dessner? I am intrigued but also sad I missed pre-sale.

Teaser that is narrated by Michael Perry who is officially the narrator of the festival? what does that even mean!?

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be at Forecastle in Louisville, on Sunday.  Have a wedding that weekend, but we are going for the last day, which right now, supposedly, is going to be headlined by Modest Mouse and Widespread Panic - I'm a vet of this fest.  

This yrs. lineup is not nearly what last yrs. was with lineup to cost of weekend pass.  Mind you, Outkast, Jack White, and Beck were the main 3, w the Replacements (feat. Billie Joe) a strong 4th, for $150/3 day.  Best bang for buck last yr. for major fests.  

This yrs. lineup (so far) - again - not nearly what last yrs was, but more to come.  

forecast.png

Just putting this here, because it probably would not generate as much chatter on the concert thread, and because w the power of this one day lineup, it could just be called a mini-fest

dearjerry.JPg

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/124245/Dear-Jerry-Concert-To-Celebrate-Music-Of-Jerry-Garcia

shit show #2 as far as getting a ticket

• 1 month later...