70s prog,psych,hard n' heavy heads here?

Guest Haywood Yablome

Guest Haywood Yablome

If the folk are on my wavelength, I get along.

Sometimes even if not.

The thing is this: is the forum concerned just a "follower" forum? One-hand clap, run-of-the-mill and all that? Or do they seek out ON THEIR OWN.Do they have funnels welded to their mouths?

For instance, I'm on Waxidermy forum. Now these are guys that deliberately seek out rare but lame "vinyl boners". In cases bad taste to the extreme - like loner amputee records of the Midwest 70s/80s.

But this is a group I generally respect because they are off-the track, looking for specifics, genuine vinyl-lovers, dedicated diggers. (And they dont go on about how much can be got running ebay on this particular item or (audiofool-like) about which press sounds the best.) They are genuine collectors - even if only of the quirky.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Pop punk is not bad.

(I've been years on a British popsike forum.)

But I'm picking up musics here ... where the bar is way lower.

If the folk are on my wavelength, I get along.

Sometimes even if not.

The thing is this: is the forum concerned just a "follower" forum? One-hand clap, run-of-the-mill and all that? Or do they seek out ON THEIR OWN.Do they have funnels welded to their mouths?

For instance, I'm on Waxidermy forum. Now these are guys that deliberately seek out rare but lame "vinyl boners". In cases bad taste to the extreme - like loner amputee records of the Midwest 70s/80s.

But this is a group I generally respect because they are off-the track, looking for specifics, genuine vinyl-lovers, dedicated diggers. (And they dont go on about how much can be got running ebay on this particular item or (audiofool-like) about which press sounds the best.) They are genuine collectors - even if only of the quirky.

I like prog.

I just don't like you.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Going by your moniker I take it you like/know progressive metal.

All of which is another catagory of total rubbish altogether.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Notice that second page into this thread and no one has come up with:

"Okay smartass. You know so much and have such good taste, asshole. So what prog should I be listening to?"

This alone is very telling .

Notice that second page into this thread and no one has come up with: "Okay smartass. You know so much and have such good taste, asshole. So what prog should I be listening to?" This alone is very telling .

Okay smartass. Despite the fact that you have not demonstrated that you know so much and have such good taste, suggest a colostomy. 

Notice that second page into this thread and no one has come up with: "Okay smartass. You know so much and have such good taste, asshole. So what prog should I be listening to?" This alone is very telling .

Because you come off as a pretentious prick and no one cares what you listen to, dude.

Everyone has different tastes, but when you come into a place first thing with insults, no one wants to listen to what you have to say.

We get it, you think we're all shit. Maybe you should fuck on off to your other message boards if they like you so much over there.

Guest Haywood Yablome

I really should not be spilling, especially since basically, in the first place, I had to ask.

Maybe this once. One band/artist.

-----------------------

Give me two letters of the alphabet - and don't make them difficult ones.

------------------

Or...give me a theme.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Howbout a "F" and two "U"s together? (You dont see that too often.)

------FRUUP------

Irish band made 4 lps. I like their last one, "Modern Masquerades" best. First track on side two illustrates what makes the 70s prog bands stand out from the newer ones - the newer ones don't know or even try to merge the jazzy with the prog.

Howbout a "F" and two "U"s together? (You dont see that too often.) ------FRUUP------ Irish band made 4 lps. I like their last one, "Modern Masquerades" best. First track on side two illustrates what makes the 70s prog bands stand out from the newer ones - the newer ones don't know or even try to merge the jazzy with the prog.

Well played sir. However...

original.gif

Howbout a "F" and two "U"s together? (You dont see that too often.) ------FRUUP------ Irish band made 4 lps. I like their last one, "Modern Masquerades" best. First track on side two illustrates what makes the 70s prog bands stand out from the newer ones - the newer ones don't know or even try to merge the jazzy with the prog.

Good job, buddy. The band's name is actually Fruupp. With two p's.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Now the thing is this....will you look up an audio clip on the web. Or are you just passing time/being arguementative for the fun of it.

(Its cool to be non-serious about anything, is it not?)

Good. Finally someone comes forth. (And you spelled Triumvirat correctly as well!)

Yep, Triumvirat is my guilty pleasure. I know a lot of folks write them off as an "ELP Wannabe" and they are a bit cheesy, but I think their music stands on its own. "Pompeii" and "Spartacus" are incredible. I wish we could see some nice 180 gram reissues of those. 

Guest Haywood Yablome

"Pompeii" was a bit of a letdown for me.

---------------

"Illusions On A Double Dimple" is the classic lp. I REALLY do not like using the word "dated" cos most all music is NOT dated, but the lyrics to Dimple are less "dated" than most fantasy,etc-led prog lyrics of this genre at that place in time. Less "dated" cos its theme is of social concern - the bloke unjustly is fired from his job and has anger against society.

---------------

Did you know that Jurgen Fritz had a solo lp? (Maybe even two - I forget now.) The one I know is a soundtrack. Not bad. But,curiously-enough, though lotta keys - no real Hammond work!

---------------

The drummer - Kollen???- also had a solo.

Digg all those blanket muffled drums on Dimple - almost a signature.

-------------

The first lp, "Mediterranean Tales" is different from the rest.Mainly instrumental. More The Nice than ELP.

I liken it to Le Orme's "Collage" lp (the first Italian prog lp.)

I have a German-press trade copy of "Mediterranean Tales" lp in great shape if anyone is interested in trade. "Tales" was never issued on North American press. the other titles were and are all relatively easy to find in used record gaffs.

Guest Haywood Yablome

Here is something regards Triumvirat that only a Prog Masterman of the first water would know:

Koellen was a cousin of Jurgen Fritz.

We all know he died early - 1977 - but did you know that in the same year the band Birthcontrol did a tribute track to him titled, "We All Thought We Knew You"?

Koellen was big into Beatles and it shows on the lps.

--------

Drummer Bathlet became a software designer - or summart loikes that. Triumvirat were big in North America. They opened for Jeff Airplane and that shoite-band with Green that I can never remember name of....errr...fuggit.Hans' drum solo was done on a rotating stage.