PO soon: And So I Watch You From Afar (ASIWYFA) - Heirs

The total cost to get it shipped to the U.S. ain't pretty... but if it helps to mitigate the ugly shipping rates, I'll glad pair up with 1 or 2 more U.S. buyers. Individually, it's about $50 PPD from Sasan's door to mine. It'll be interesting to see how much we could get that price down, in theory. Something closer to $40 PPD would be perfect.

I've been waiting on SH to put AHBF out on some translucent teal vinyl for a long time already.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  Translucent gold isn't a bad choice to go with the color scheme, either.  It's such a trivial thing... but when an album is that vibrant and colorful, it just feels weird to watch it spin around on black wax.

Yeah $50 is a bit steep. I wish there was a pic of the color because it sounds awesome.

Trying to think of what "lime" variants I own, and drawing a blank.  But even if it turned out to resemble a coke bottle green, I think it'd be infinitely more attractive than a solid yellow.  That flavor comes out to $23.49.  The UK green would probably be another $20 or so if we could group up some buyers.  And after revisiting the single a few more times, I'm pretty comfortable with splurging on a preferred colorway.

I wonder if they'll have some lime vinyl with them on tour (seeing them in Belfast in June). £21 delivered even just in the UK is pretty steep.

Hmmm...if we can work something off of this where a bulk purchase can be made & shipped to the US for redistribution, I'd be willing to head that. Obviously that's a ways off, but if there is anyway at all to get copies of this in the $30s, that would be rad.

That single is pretty sweet. I've never listened to these guys so I'll have to do that and also think about getting the US variant sometime.

Wow I'm surprised you've never listened to these guys. Definitely a mood thing for me, but absolutely worth checking out their whole catalogue. And their Audiotree session is a must.

Hmmm...if we can work something off of this where a bulk purchase can be made & shipped to the US for redistribution, I'd be willing to head that. Obviously that's a ways off, but if there is anyway at all to get copies of this in the $30s, that would be rad.

Agreed. I considered that route, though June is a long wait. And that's even assuming that Burk is willing to help us American VCers.

Agreed. I considered that route, though June is a long wait. And that's even assuming that Burk is willing to help us American VCers.

I'd definitely be willing to help out, but I'm concerned that the Belfast date is a good bit into their UK tour, so if they have lime vinyl on tour, there might be none left by then. A big risk I reckon.

I'd definitely be willing to help out, but I'm concerned that the Belfast date is a good bit into their UK tour, so if they have lime vinyl on tour, there might be none left by then. A big risk I reckon.

True.  But at least it's not a tour exclusive.  1,000 copies would be really impressive to sell both on tour and through pre-orders over there.

• 3 weeks later...
Liking this new sound a lot. Sounding huge, like the first album did.

Rory posted an album update to his blog, with some words about the new record.  In it, he shares this little bit of info that I took great joy in reading:

It feels like this record wouldn’t exist with out what we did on All Hail, but Heirs has taken another step towards something new again. Its sort of like the same chocolate bar but this album has a way higher cocoa content! All Hail was covered in popping candy and multi coloured sprinkles and Heirs is like an 85% bar of Green and Blacks.

Basically exactly what I wanted to hear.  I won't count my eggs before they hatch, but it's sounding like even Rory acknowledges All Hail as an experimental, off-the-wall, "fun" record... with newer material being a little more wholesome and solid.

For those who haven't heard it yet, there's a new track available to stream, too.  Between this and Run Home, I feel like we're in for a pretty solid record.

Wasps.

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful.  I was hoping for something more along the lines of clear or coke bottle clear, and I think that looks great.  I still haven't pre-ordered, yet, because I'm stuck on scoring that variant.  Going to try my luck with a Discogs seller or something – I really can't see it being that difficult to track down.