PO: ROCKY VOTOLATO - HOSPITAL HANDSHAKES (No Sleep - 4/21/15)

gmoney

Sucks man. You'd think they would've gotten to your order before the RSD rush. Typically when I order something in stock from No Sleep it goes out really quick. Then it gets stuck at Bell Gardens for a week to make up for that.

My order still says "Pre-order" on their site, but the stuff I ordered is out and has been for a bit now. One was released the first of last month and the other was the new Rocky album and I know people already have them , hell the store down the road has the tri-colored ones..

Got this today, and really like this record, but it was absolutely filthy. The insert (where the album goes) and the vinyl were covered in dust..and the labels on each side have sort of pockmarks all over them. Anyone else have this issue with this record? Or other records?

I'm worried about putting the vinyl back in the insert, for fear of scratching it.

Got this today, and really like this record, but it was absolutely filthy. The insert (where the album goes) and the vinyl were covered in dust..and the labels on each side have sort of pockmarks all over them. Anyone else have this issue with this record? Or other records?

I'm worried about putting the vinyl back in the insert, for fear of scratching it.

Was it a haze variant? If so, yes everyone that got it had that issue with this record. Perhaps some had more dust than others though. Clean that sucker off and then put it in a new sleeve. Or try and clean the sleeve out (canned air maybe? Never tried it, I always just use a new sleeve).

Was it a haze variant? If so, yes everyone that got it had that issue with this record. Perhaps some had more dust than others though. Clean that sucker off and then put it in a new sleeve. Or try and clean the sleeve out (canned air maybe? Never tried it, I always just use a new sleeve).

It was the haze. Thanks for the reply.

I'm def gonna put it in a new sleeve.

When did you order if you don't mind me asking?

I received my copy Saturday, and I had the same issue as you. It came out of the inner sleeve noticeably scratching due to dust and grit. I cleaned it as best I could before playing but did have a skip-back spot in one track. I've never gotten a brand new record before that was like this, so is this something that is common now?

I received my copy Saturday, and I had the same issue as you. It came out of the inner sleeve noticeably scratching due to dust and grit. I cleaned it as best I could before playing but did have a skip-back spot in one track. I've never gotten a brand new record before that was like this, so is this something that is common now?

Seems like it. I've never gotten sealed records as dirty as the last 20 or so. All of my RSD snags were filthy.

Answers to your grit questions are one page back:

All haze variants I've ever gotten come like this. 

Same here.  I plan to clean mine thoroughly before I spin it.  Just pulling it out of the inner sleeve sounded like I fucked it up.  Yeesh.