PO Soon: CHON's debut LP - Grow

San Diego shredders CHON are dropping their debut LP Grow on March 24 via Sumerian Records. 

Vinyl ships May 31 and is limited to 500 copies. Preorder: https://killermerch.com/artist/CHON/CHON-GrowPre-OrderBundle7

5B3qE3b.jpg

Track List:
01. Drift - 0:36
02. Story - 3:51
03. Fall - 3:41
04. Book (Feat. Matt Garstka) - 2:44
05. Can’t Wait - 3:11
06. Suda - 3:05
07. Knot - 3:05
08. Moon - 1:21
09. Splash - 2:30
10. Perfect Pillow - 3:38
11. Echo - 2:54
12. But (Feat. Matt Garstka) - 3:53

Yeah...

Suda, Knot and Ecco return from Woohoo...

Spelled Ecco on Woohoo and Echo here... whether that's a typo or not I'm willing to bet all 3 were re-recorded.  I really like Ecco but the vocals definitely needed to be redone.  Not saying that as a jab, I love the melody/hook/lyrics and the fact that they incorporated vocals for the first time... but on a Sumerian release?  Going to go on the assumption that all the old tracks are new recordings to fit within the context of the album.  I wonder if there will be vocals on any of the new songs though?

And Perfect Pillow was uploaded to MySpace, I believe? In between the demo and Newborn Sun... definitely got rerec'd

You guys are both correct. 1/3 of the songs (4 of 12) are rerecordings, and 3/4 of those rerecordings are from Woohoo... which equates to 1/4 of all the songs on the album (3 of 12) being rerec'd tracks from Woohoo.

Love these guys, super creative and talented, love the way they title their songs, can't wait to hear these new songs just based off their titles.

Love the short intro track ideas ... looks like we get Drift and Moon this time, based on the running times.

• 3 weeks later...