Vinyl Spam

I don't get ads on IG

I think it's because I keep not installing the update

I'm up to date and I don't think I've ever gotten an ad.  I feel like there was a way to opt out, but I don't remember for sure.  Only ads I seem to notice are things that I looked up on Amazon recently, past that it's just white noise.

I'm thinking that since FB owns IG that they use shit you like to generate relatable ads. So if you like a bunch or bands and labels on Facebook, they'll dump music themed ads into your feed(s). I never liked VNYL anywhere yet their promos pop up on random news blogs and crap. I was reading about the goddamn Homestead Act on a .gov sitw and there seriously were 3 VNYL ads/banners on said page.

I'm thinking that since FB owns IG that they use shit you like to generate relatable ads. So if you like a bunch or bands and labels on Facebook, they'll dump music themed ads into your feed(s). I never liked VNYL anywhere yet their promos pop up on random news blogs and crap. I was reading about the goddamn Homestead Act on a .gov sitw and there seriously were 3 VNYL ads/banners on said page.

That would make sense.  I don't have a FB account, so I might be a little father removed.

Rambo. Yes.

Facebook's value proposition to advertisers is very specific targeting across their platform. You'll do a buy and hit "28-32 year old single males with X markets" or something like that. You fall within what VYNL sees as their market.

FB tracks activity beyond your FB activity, while your likes indicate preference they utilize more data than that. You can't prevent it.

i bought something from dodax off amazon several months ago and the last couple months I have been getting regular emails that say 'dodax-your order...' which is basically a news letter..... I wish I could go back to amazon and leave a negative feedback for spamming me that shit without me signing up for it.