How do you prefer displaying your records

I do relize alot of people will not agree with what I have said. but, I dont know, im new to the whole record collecting. my thoughts may change in the future they may not. as of now, i am very protective over my vinyl and am kind of a sissy about messing around with them. so i guess i can take some criticism and learn a few things.

They're not vinyl...LPs or records...thanks

WHAT ARE THEY CALLED then!!! idk, im new here. lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

name a price!

One million dollars!

[image]

- Jeff

that made me laugh. +1.

Also, I read the first post and thought to myself, "This dude is about to be brutalized," but then I remembered how rad everyone on this board is. Welcome, but I highly recommend you break them shits out and give them a spin! I was the same way with my first couple LPs, but I realized that there is absolutely no point in that, so enjoy them for the purpose they were made for!

I know how alot of people hate that some people don't listen to their records but I haven't. I started collecting vinyl due to the artwork, the fact that I'd rather support a band via record instead of CDs, and the limited-ness of it. I'd love to get a nice $400 turntable but currently I've been checking out thrift stores for a fix-me-up. No luck so far though.

look, this is what you do. play the record until its worn out, then you frame it with the artwork and whatever other garbage you link with it. no one will no that its worn out because it RARELY looks much different, unless you scratch your vinyl, then you're just an idiot. lets have a beer together. okay?

true... but then you'd be able to spin them.

I always figured this would lead to chafing and was timid to try it. Your nonchalant attitude towards dick spinning might give me some faith.

I always found it annoying to have to set the sleeve somewhere while playing records, so I found a great double solution. It's just a 12" piece of wood on the wall above my turntable that reads "Now Playing" on the front. Its kind of neat I guess, but it's more purposeful than anything. I also have a pretty sweet retro stand. It's got the "moon lander" style legs with sliding doors and the wood of my turntable matches wonderfully. With the wood framed Realistic speakers it's pretty dope I think. I have a few records in glass frames.