PO: Four Year Strong - Self-Titled

• 2 weeks later...

what happened?

Pure Noise signed a band, and one of their members has been accused of sexual deviance. AbsolutePunk.Net is practically rallying a witch hunt over it, and almost make it seem like TSSF and FYS are in the wrong for still being on the label.

Ever since I've discovered this board, my visits to AP are few and far between, mostly because Jason Tate is a douche.

Pure Noise signed a band, and one of their members has been accused of sexual deviance. AbsolutePunk.Net is practically rallying a witch hunt over it, and almost make it seem like TSSF and FYS are in the wrong for still being on the label.

Ever since I've discovered this board, my visits to AP are few and far between, mostly because Jason Tate is a douche.

Fuck Jason Tate. I agree PN response was shitty but dragging FYS into it is BS

Yeah, PN could've given a much better statement. But these bands can't just ditch their contracts. Tate also needs to keep some of his opinion off his fucking website. He's constantly bashing bands like Handguns and Real Friends. Then he fucking praises bands like The 1975 and Hotelier. We all have our opinions, and it is his website after all, but he definitely turned me away from giving much of a shit about his website.

Every time AP posts something about Real Friends, I troll the fuck out of Tate and make him so fucking angry.

Yeah, PN could've given a much better statement. But these bands can't just ditch their contracts. Tate also needs to keep some of his opinion off his fucking website. He's constantly bashing bands like Handguns and Real Friends. Then he fucking praises bands like The 1975 and Hotelier. We all have our opinions, and it is his website after all, but he definitely turned me away from giving much of a shit about his website.

Every time AP posts something about Real Friends, I troll the fuck out of Tate and make him so fucking angry.

I'm not getting into the rest of this argument but hahaha holy shit. comparing two awful bands to two of the best bands of the 10's, alright

I'm not getting into the rest of this argument but hahaha holy shit. comparing two awful bands to two of the best bands of the 10's, alright

I'm not comparing them. They don't sound alike. I'm just saying that Tate straight up slams bands he doesn't like, which I don't think is very wise. The guitarist of Handguns is a regular user on his website. You'd think Tate would be respectful and keep his opinion to himself considering it's a business. He can slam them in reviews all he wants, but on the new posts itself? That's full-blown asshole shit right there.

And have you ever listened to the AbsolutePodcast? Tate sounds like your typical dickhead from Orange County. Can't stand that dude's voice.

I'm not comparing them. They don't sound alike. I'm just saying that Tate straight up slams bands he doesn't like, which I don't think is very wise. The guitarist of Handguns is a regular user on his website. You'd think Tate would be respectful and keep his opinion to himself considering it's a business. He can slam them in reviews all he wants, but on the new posts itself? That's full-blown asshole shit right there.

And have you ever listened to the AbsolutePodcast? Tate sounds like your typical dickhead from Orange County. Can't stand that dude's voice.

Bran and the rest of the Paganos are awful and deserve to be yelled at

And I haven't, I don't like Tate at all, he's banned me multiple times, but why insult his voice? That's just shaming for shaming's sake right there

Bran and the rest of the Paganos are awful and deserve to be yelled at

And I haven't, I don't like Tate at all, he's banned me multiple times, but why insult his voice? That's just shaming for shaming's sake right there

First sentence just cracked me up and I'm disregarding the rest of your comment hahaha.

For real though, check out one of their podcasts and tell me his voice isn't annoying.

First sentence just cracked me up and I'm disregarding the rest of your comment hahaha.

For real though, check out one of their podcasts and tell me his voice isn't annoying.

why would you insult someone's voice? insulting someone's uncontrolled features is disgusting

Reading that thread on AP reminded me of why I never read the comments over there. I absolutely can't stand Jason Tate/the staffers with their holier than thou attitudes and most of the posters are plain ignorant. They're acting like they're going to change the world with the whole boycott PN thing.

evidently fys' tour manager has some connections to this situation through also tour managing another band (twy? maybe? i'm in the middle of reading this long ap.net thread and i can't remember exactly at this point and I can't even try to locate it), which is why people are boycotting fys.

John James Ryan was the TWY roadie/tour manager/whatever. They fired him because he tried to sweep under the rug all that terrible stuff going on with No Good News. FYS apparantly still employs him for the time being.

thanks for this. it's exactly what i was referencing.

edit: I've also learned that JJR is No Good News' manager as well.

Reading that thread on AP reminded me of why I never read the comments over there. I absolutely can't stand Jason Tate/the staffers with their holier than thou attitudes and most of the posters are plain ignorant. They're acting like they're going to change the world with the whole boycott PN thing.

They also think they can tell Kevin Lyman who can and can't be on Warped. Kicking off pedophiles like Jake McElfresh is totally understandable. But they're ready to throw anything "offensive" in the fire. I don't use hate speech, but I'm an adult who makes my own decisions. So is just about every person on a Warped Tour stage.