PO: Institute - Catharsis LP

sbr135-institute-300_1024x1024.jpg?v=142

http://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/products/sbr135-institute-catharsis?mc_cid=979892fdf1&mc_eid=1151b57bc5

PO is up for Institute's 1st LP. The track posted sounds good. From the album description it appears that they are branching out a bit, but there are still one of the best post punk bands out there. I highly recommend their demo if anyone hasn't heard it.

There are 250 with a special cover and a standard press.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you name your band Institute when Gavin Rossdale had a (terrible) band by this name in the somewhat recent past...?

just googled this because i had no idea what you were talking about (like most people i would assume).

a do nothing band from 10 years ago. dont think you need to reserve a word for such an unimportant band...

Why would you name your band Institute when Gavin Rossdale had a (terrible) band by this name in the somewhat recent past...?

Do you really think this band is looking for mass appeal?

I think when you have a core audience you arent worried about the name of a band that put out a terrible record was called

• 1 month later...

I learned of this album at the beginning of the week, and have been playing the hell out of it and the 2 EPs (Demo & Salt) that are on Spotify. This shit is right up my alley. I managed to pick up both EPs on vinyl yesterday at local shops, and ordered the limited edition from Sacred Bones. Surprised there were still some available from the 250. It doesn't say it anywhere but I believe both the limited and standard are on yellow vinyl. That is according to Discogs, and an image of the limited edition I saw on Instagram. 

I also downloaded the Giddy Boys 7" which contains 3 really great songs. Definitely my band of the week! 

Same.

Yup. I got the whole sometimes these dont update deal. Its like 10 days later. I know if you shipped it I would have it

I have had issues ordering from them before. I ordered it because I wanted the Holydrug couple album and both my local stores didnt have it for a bit so I figured I would order from the label and get it near the institute release date

A week after its in stores(now with the HDC) it hasnt even shipped

Last time direct from this label

• 1 month later...

After seeing an image of the limited edition on Instagram with the wax sealed cover and yellow vinyl, I assumed all limited edition were yellow. The site doesn't explicitly say that, in fact it doesn't mention color at all, so it was my assumption based on that image and information on Discogs. So it sounds like yellow might have been first pressing of both limited and regular releases, or maybe just the first run of limited edition. Confusing.