Do not take health advice from people on the internet.

Sooooo...a few weeks ago I was hospitalized with chest pains and shortness of breath. I thought I had been having issues with asthma for the first time since I was a kid; they held me overnight for testing to confirm I wasn't having a heart attack. I was diagnosed with non-cardiac chest pain and had pulmonary testing ordered. I'm waiting for an appointment now, but even though they told me I'm not in danger and don't need to come back to the ER, I'm pretty sure I'm going to die at any moment.

Anybody had any similar experiences??? This is the worst!!! :-) :-) :-)

Do you have anxiety issues? I've been to the ER multiple times for chest pains and heart attack symptoms. Always turned out to be anxiety.

Same. I've given up going, which will bite me in ass when I do have a heart attack.

I would say I used to be anxious/depressed/overworked more often. I hated where I lived, felt like my life was going nowhere, had two jobs and felt like I had to scrape to get by and that it would never end. The anxiety I felt was the skin crawling kind, like the walls were closing in and nothing I would do would feel right.

Then I moved, I like my neighborhood, I'm down to one job that doesn't make me any happier but pays a lot more...the only thing that is more stressful is my schedule goes between working until midnight to working at 6 am with no regularity and not much rest. I have a kid on the way and I feel good about a lot more stuff. So yeah, I've Beem told I may be having panic attacks and getting the physical symptoms of it...I've felt like I was choking and stuff.

I woke up early this morning feeling like someone punched me right over my heart. I don't think I have panic attacks until I start dwelling on the physical symptoms. I lost a friend ten years younger than me recently to a heart attack. I think I have some kind of inflammation pushing on my chest wall or diaphragm or esophagus, and the discomfort just spirals out into thinking I'm dying. I don't know though...the ER doctor wanted to be sure it was non-cardiac and my stress test was good, other than ending early due to shortness of breath.

I used to bike and swim and sing and stuff...now goig up stairs is a struggle and I've gained a bunch of weight. This shit sucks. I start getting afraid my wife will come home and find me dead and it's overwhelming.

Hey, guess who didn't need to know all this. Sup VC board?

I have the same but it's all to do with my diet. Cut out all acidic/spicy food and caffeine for a few days and see if that starts to help.

I totally agree with this. When I was in high school, I had the same symptoms. There was a terrible pain in my chest and and I had shortness of breath like I was having a heart attack for DAYS. I've always struggled with some pretty serious anxiety, and the stress of the pain and not knowing what was wrong caused me to miss a ton of school.

Turns out, I had severe acid reflux caused by the anxiety. My stomach turns into a monster when I get anxious- always has.  They prescribed a double dose of an acid reflux medication for a while. That, and a few diet/sleeping changes completely solved it. Definitely cut out all greasy, spicy, and caffeinated food/drinks- also citrus and carbonated drinks. Also sleeping with an extra pillow or two can elevate your upper body and relieve it a bit at night, and don't lay down while/right after you eat.

I promise you'll get through it though. :) It's a terrible feeling for sure, but it won't last very long.