PO: Low - Ones and Sixes

low-onessixes-900.jpg?1432924115

PRE-ORDER DETAILS
  • All customers who pre-order the LP version of Ones and Sixes will receive the album on Loser edition Yellow-colored vinyl, while supplies last (available until you read right here that it’s no longer in stock!). 
  • All pre-orders will also receive any and all pre-release track downloads in advance of the album release as they are made public, which will be available from your SubPop.com account as they become available.

“In our 20+ years of writing songs, I’ve learned that no matter how escapist, divergent, or even transcendent the creative process feels, the result is more beholden to what is going on at the moment. It’s hard to admit that one is so influenced by what is in front of us. Doesn’t it come from something magical and far away? No, it comes from here. It comes from now. I’m not going to tell you what this record is about because I have too much respect for that moment when you come to know it for yourself.”

— Alan Sparhawk, Low

https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/low/ones_and_sixes

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I pre-ordered.

I love this band. :)

And a heads up if you missed it, Sub Pop also repressed their excellent "Curtain Hits the Cast" album on Vinyl with some bonus tracks on there.

I would have grabbed it, but I am very happy with my "original." ;)

That's actually just the Plain Recordings reissue from a few years back. The bonus tracks are CD only, but they're all on A Lifetime of Temporary Relief, which all tr00 Low fans already own.

http://www.discogs.com/Low-The-Curtain-Hits-The-Cast/release/3945195

That's actually just the Plain Recordings reissue from a few years back. The bonus tracks are CD only, but they're all on A Lifetime of Temporary Relief, which all tr00 Low fans already own.

http://www.discogs.com/Low-The-Curtain-Hits-The-Cast/release/3945195

Thanks for the "correction" on that.

I am assuming the "Sub Pop Mega Mart" is selling this Plain re-issue then?

I had the option to add the "Curtain.." re-issue to my cart when I pre ordered the new record.

Thanks for the "correction" on that.

I am assuming the "Sub Pop Mega Mart" is selling this Plain re-issue then?

I had the option to add the "Curtain.." re-issue to my cart when I pre ordered the new record.

Correct. Sub Pop carries a lot of related titles from other labels. Notice you can also buy all their Kranky albums through Sub Pop.

I'm still bummed the only pressing of I Could Live In Hope is on Plain. Such a great album.

I was compelled by your post to put on my copy (for maybe the first time ever?), I think it sounds fine. Good, even. I think some of Plain's notoriety is unwarranted, I own this album and Paul Westerberg's first two solo albums and they all sound great for what they are.

It's funny, this isn't an album I think to pull out often, my interest picks up around Secret Name, but on an uncharacteristically cold summer night such as this, Slide sounds really nice coming out of my speakers.

I was compelled by your post to put on my copy (for maybe the first time ever?), I think it sounds fine. Good, even. I think some of Plain's notoriety is unwarranted, I own this album and Paul Westerberg's first two solo albums and they all sound great for what they are.

It's funny, this isn't an album I think to pull out often, my interest picks up around Secret Name, but on an uncharacteristically cold summer night such as this, Slide sounds really nice coming out of my speakers.

Thanks for the info. I might pick up a copy soon. It's the album that I started with but I think either Secret Name or Long Division would be my favorite.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so. friggin. great. They did with this one what Drums And Guns hinted at with the electro. infusions but it feels so much more integrated and piggybacks off the amazing songwriting and Mimi-centric harmonies and leads that The Invisible Way had going on. I'm really diggin' this one