Butcha's Meat Thread

I'm always worried with how touchy a tenderloin can be with drying out and being awful, so I always go with the slow cooker for mine. Red wine to tenderize as well as flavor, soy sauce for salt factor, and plenty of minced garlic, and a pinch of water for moisture. 6 hours and that thing is so butter soft it should be illegal...

Nice! You can never go wrong with a slow cooker. I typically use the cast iron & bake method for tenderloins. I heat up the skillet with bacon fat/oil until smoking, sear all sides of the tenderloin for a minute on each side then pop it in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Then, I let the pork rest for another 15-20 minutes before slicing. 

Nice! You can never go wrong with a slow cooker. I typically use the cast iron & bake method for tenderloins. I heat up the skillet with bacon fat/oil until smoking, sear all sides of the tenderloin for a minute on each side then pop it in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Then, I let the pork rest for another 15-20 minutes before slicing. 

I use this method as well, but while it's in the oven I cook some mushrooms and two whole onions down in red wine until they are perfect, then pull the tenderloin and add the veggies and red wine reduction before slicing

just don't touch it, too many people over flip their meat or fuck with it too much and all the juices seep out and it dries out

Patience is the key to great meat. Seriously. Nothing beats waking up at 4am and lighting a fire and smoking some briskets for 13 hours. Patience is key.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like the Kroger meat department hates me. I usually will pick up a 6-8 inch marrow bone for my dog once a week and the last few times they've said they 'can't do it' because the machine has been cleaned already. Which I totally understand, but why are they cleaning the machine at 3pm. Are they lying to me so they don't have a cut down a bone? Is it that big of an odreal? I'm really curious as to if I'm the one being a dick by always requesting these large size marrow bones cut for me. I can't get any smaller or Frank will try to swallow it whole and choke. Pls advise

I feel like the Kroger meat department hates me. I usually will pick up a 6-8 inch marrow bone for my dog once a week and the last few times they've said they 'can't do it' because the machine has been cleaned already. Which I totally understand, but why are they cleaning the machine at 3pm. Are they lying to me so they don't have a cut down a bone? Is it that big of an odreal? I'm really curious as to if I'm the one being a dick by always requesting these large size marrow bones cut for me. I can't get any smaller or Frank will try to swallow it whole and choke. Pls advise

Could be a few reasons. #1 they are just being dicks and cleaning their saw wayy too early. I can't break down my saw until at least 6pm to insure it's up and running if anyone needs something special cut. #2 are you getting these bones frozen? If they are thawed there shouldn't be a problem cutting them. If they are frozen, I will also say no to cutting them. Cutting any type of circular bone that is frozen on a band saw is extremely dangerous. The shape of the bone will often make it slip on the blade and sometimes fingers can follow suit. As a butcher I do have the power to say no to cutting anything that I find dangerous. That would be one of those things. Now if they are not frozen bones there shouldn't be a problem.

I got a small burger from Atomic burger last night to see how my stomach would hold up and I didn't die! So that's promising... I ate it very slowly though.

Their blueberry cheesecake milkshake is dope. Also that 'jam' slider or whatever they do. I mainly excited to come back home and just eat at all my favorite places. Still, go to Company Burger. It will fuck your world...in the best way possible.

THE JAMBURGER IS SOOO FUCKING GOOD. Lemme know when you come back I'll hook you up at dat dog (in Lakeside). I've been recommended Company Burger a lot! I also need to try The Big Cheesy.

Hell yeah, I'll be in town for a week so I'll come by Dat Dog when you're working one day. We can also hit Company Burger together if you're up for it. I love burgers, man. I love it all.

Hell yeah, I'll be in town for a week so I'll come by Dat Dog when you're working one day. We can also hit Company Burger together if you're up for it. I love burgers, man. I love it all.

We'll see! Hopefully I won't be working throughout that entire week, haha. Probably not. I've been getting shit hours lately (though I've been lucky with people giving me shifts).

We'll see! Hopefully I won't be working throughout that entire week, haha. Probably not. I've been getting shit hours lately (though I've been lucky with people giving me shifts).

For sure dude, I'll be busy as hell seeing old friends and family anyways. I'm due for those etouffee fries though.

Whaaaaa?

Whats in a burger dog?

It starts off as ground burger meat, and we roll it up like a wiener, haha. We put some shit in it before we grill it.. All I can think right now is salt and pepper and Worcestershire. It's really damn good, especially in that sourdough bun, and with whatever dat dog toppings you like. I've been getting the apple sage vegan. It's so damn good.

It starts off as ground burger meat, and we roll it up like a wiener, haha. We put some shit in it before we grill it.. All I can think right now is salt and pepper and Worcestershire. It's really damn good, especially in that sourdough bun, and with whatever dat dog toppings you like. I've been getting the apple sage vegan. It's so damn good.

Get that word out of my meat thread  :angry: