Android (OS)

We mutually told each other to fuck off haha. They finally went back to their original offer, however, they wanted me to pay early termination fees on both my lines... To renew my contract with them... Fucking idiots.

May look more into T-Mobile, my podcast co-host has them and seems happy enough. Don't plan on going anywhere until that new iPhone drops because even though my wife says she can hang with an Android phone I don't believe her haha.

Haha, fucking Sprint. I've mostly heard bad things from them. I haven't checked how good they are here in SoCal.

Oh nice! I'm not aware of any current deals T-Mobile has. They did have the whole buy an S7/S7 Edge and get one free and I was going to go for that myself but I couldn't because I have a no credit check plan. But again, I have great coverage with them. Always good to check up on the coverage maps and just make sure. But I am getting the G5 after all, so I'm stoked.

Haha, yeah you definitely don't want her switching her mind mid contract.

Gave up with Falcon. I like the UI but the lists are all messed up. Only certain ones pop up and I miss lots of tweets. I like have a list for people I follow to see when they tweet that they're going live and not having that up to date isn't good. Back on Fenix but I'll go back and forth from it and Tweetings.

I've never messed with DPI. Don't know what that does either. Might have to also look that up.

It basically effects the size of everything displayed on your screen. Textdroider DPI is a free root app that let's you adjust it, I have mine at 560. The smaller the number is the bulkier items become. Be careful messing with it though, I've heard of people going too low and forcing the adjustment buttons off the screen leaving them stuck with a 'zoomed in' display they can only fix by going back to stock via Odin or other means.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2016 at 6:30 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

I've never messed with DPI. Don't know what that does either. Might have to also look that up.

It basically effects the size of everything displayed on your screen. Textdroider DPI is a free root app that let's you adjust it, I have mine at 560. The smaller the number is the bulkier items become. Be careful messing with it though, I've heard of people going too low and forcing the adjustment buttons off the screen leaving them stuck with a 'zoomed in' display they can only fix by going back to stock via Odin or other means.

Oh, okay I'll have to mess with it a bit then. Although I do like the size of everything I currently have. Also having physical buttons helps me out in case I mess up. 

Removed the Material TWRP design. Looked nice, but nah, I couldn't see a progress bar when flashing or anything. Just got annoying. 

Also I have to wait for my driver's license to get here so I can go and pick up a new phone. There hasn't been any news on root for GS7? As much as I want a G5, the GS7 screen looks great compared to the G5. Water resistant is good although I don't get my phone wet too often.

I've seen that there's root for the G5 for T-Mobile but they're still working on TWRP and all of that. No guarantees from what I've heard the developers say. 

That is very strange coming from them. I do see their point since it is a beast, but I would still like a lot of root apps, such as the ones you named. Now I feel like flashing ROMs aren't too necessary as well, but I would still like to have the option to do it. I like to mess around and install stuff. 

Typically I'll run a stock based rom until a new version of Android is released then I'll move onto something based on that. Having root is absolutely necessary though, that's like buying a car without an AC and stereo haha. The GS7E is rootable, but it disables Samsung Pay, and from what I hear that's one of the selling points of that device. It's supposed to work on all card readers everywhere.

All card readers? Wow, so they're really trying to make this a thing. If it does start working everywhere, then it's a feature I'd hate to lose. Although it isn't much of an issue. I'd rather have root and just carry a debit card on me. No big deal. 

Haven't seen any info on the T-Mobile GS7 having root yet, so I don't think it's a choice for me. 

Dude, nice! Man, maybe I should try something like that more often haha. I hope you get that thing soon. Sucks that your old phone was all bugging out on you, but it shouldn't matter much longer!

My license finally arrived yesterday so I'll probably head to pick up a new phone today. Will try out the S7 Edge to see how it is in person. Probably run a couple games and such. 

Oh, I started messing with that CM equalizer and it isn't too bad. XDA on Twitter recommended Dolby Atmos or something and I didn't like it all that much. Couldn't mess with the equalizer all that much.

I didn't use it before since I just listen to music on Poweramp and that just has it all. But I'm glad I can now set up YouTube and Spotify audio to be a bit better. 

Wow, that definitely would drive me nuts. It's gotta be a janky digitizer/hardware issue. Have you seen any posts online from people with a similar issue? Do you have extended warranty protection? I'd file a claim if you do. Hell, they might even send you an S6 as a replacement.

I used Dolby Atmos on the stock ROM I'd run, I actually kind of liked the lack of options haha. Too many dials = time spent fucking with each one. I too am very curious as to how hard LG is going to push the expansion capabilities of the G5. However it's used for more than the stuff they've already shown off.

Haha, it does annoy me when I want to save battery and lower the brightness but... I can't. And yeah, from what I've looked up apparently it's an AMOLED issue. When they get old or damaged by drops, this happens. And I've wanted to replace it myself, but it costs as much as a used S5, so screw that. Also fixing it would unglue the sides, so I believe it won't be water resistant anymore. Unless I manage to glue it back very well, I guess. I've seen replacement videos and it looks like a hassle.

I would ask for a replacement, but I bought this off a random seller on eBay. So it lasted me a year, pretty much lol.

Haha, I hear you. I like messing with all that stuff now though.

And yeah, the only "Friend" I want is the DAC. I don't care about that cam module, however I do like that it gives something like 1400mAh extra. Pretty sweet. But I don't know, depends on how much each module is. Haven't even checked prices. 

Got the S7 Edge today. The dudes on XDA weren't messing around, this thing is a beast right out of the box. All the bloat is tucked away and so far I haven't been unable to do anything I've wanted with it. Gonna see how this battery fairs tomorrow at work, hoping I won't need to plug it in for a charge at lunch.

Performance wise it's as snappy as my G3 with CM was, the screen and camera are leaps and bounds better though. Still getting use to some of these cooked on features like Always On Display, Edge Notifications, and even the finger print scanner (I definitely miss having the Knock on/off feature that was built into the G3 and CM for that matter). 

Wow, I'm a bit surprised then. Although good that the screen is a lot better. How's the battery life been so far?

Also I'm a bit pissed off. I can't use my phone anymore because the IMEI is ruined now. I guess the douchebag I purchased it from didn't pay his bill with the phone and then sold it to me on eBay. This was a year ago now, so I don't think I can get any help from eBay themselves, but I want to ruin this guy for doing this bullshit. Now I definitely need to get a new phone and I probably can't do anything else with this phone. Everything is working okay on it (except that screen issue). So yeah, that happened.

The weird part is that this happened yesterday. I had called my mother and she didn't answer but as soon as I hung up, the signal just completely cut off. Eventually called T-Mobile and they let me know the IMEI was blocked. I shut it off and did my business and randomly a couple hours later I wanted to listen to music off of it and when I turned it on, I started receiving texts and stuff. Don't know how that happened. And again the same thing happened tonight, but my mother called me and the signal shut off. I had called my sister before that and nothing had happened. I have no idea what's happening, but it's bullshit.