Android (OS)

You are correct, that's why stuff like Xposed Framework has kinda made ROM flashing a 'not so necessary' thing since you can trick out your device by having root access alone. Locked bootloader = not flashable.

The way I explained it to my dad is that root access is like second base, unlocking a bootloader is like a home run.

Ahhh, okay awesome. Then in that case, great that it's rootable. Good enough, haha.

I'm kind of questioning the G5. I've been watching a lot of reviews and it looks like it scratches easily. I always have a phone case no matter what, but that kind of sucks. Also I've seen videos where you can kind of see the pressure points on the screen when you press down hard enough. I don't know if this is only noticeable once you press down really hard of if it's 'd something that's noticeable during normal use. I really need to go down to my local T-Mobile and test one out.

Fuckin' Sprint dude. I called to pull the trigger on this too-good-to-be-true offer I got yesterday, all of a sudden I'll have to pay 2 access fees, plus full installment payments on both devices. This means I'd get lower data for an extra $40 a month, but I'd get new pretty phones hahaha.

I told the lady, "Does this stuff seriously work on people? I'm kind of insulted you're screwing me over and acting like you're giving me a super good deal."

Looks like Verizon has a $120 for 12gb shared plan, that's exactly what I'm looking for. My wife and I have only been using about 8gb a month together. Definitely switching back, if I'm gonna pay out the ass for data then I might as well go with a carrier that doesn't lag out when I'm streaming music.

Okay, so I'm back on 5.1. I've been having an issue for the longest time with Link2SD and it turns out to be either CM or just AOSP. For some reason my second partition just didn't want to mount and I couldn't properly use the app. So I randomly had the idea of going to stock Samsung and try again and it worked perfectly. So now I'm running an S6 ROM. Not bad, but it's not debloated, so I'm wondering if I can just manually remove every bullshit app? I don't want to uninstall something by accident, so I'm not sure what to do. I'll definitely uninstall Flipboard and all of those though.

You can freeze it with Titanium Backup, this way it'll be disabled and if you run into any issues you can defrost the frozen apps. Took some screens for ya:

Open TiBu

Tap Backup/Restore

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160413/boo6clq6.png

Find the bloat you want to disable, tap it, then tap FREEZE! (Do the same to defrost to apps).

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160413/pt8earq2.png

Not worth. Went back to CM13.

I bought Tweetings about a month ago and I don't really like it all that much. Retweets really bug me. Can barely tell who retweeted it. App works well, but a bit ugly. I'm usually care more about function but eh. Not to mention that it's not letting me log in right now, so I'm kind of over it. So I'm in the market for a new one, but I don't know which. I heard you had problems with Falcon, so I want to try Fenix, but $5 for a Twitter client kind of sucks. I'll just use it throughly and get a refund if I don't like it.

Edit: Fenix is way better.

I actually like how compact the retweet/quote options are. Are you not getting all your activity in your 'inbox'? (little bell icon in the upper right hand corner). Tweetings has extensive advanced settings. I ended up being a sellout and buying Talon again. Tweetings sucks when it comes to Lists and their multimedia integration loads like trash. You may like Talon (I couldn't stand Fenix). Falcon used to be great but I think the new version is janky.

Talon was buggy for me and very slow. When I would scroll through the feed everything took a bit to load up. Media and text. Don't know why.

I'll give Falcon a shot, but I do really like Fenix. It isn't as compact and there isn't a lot of customization, but I like it. Although if I give Talon another shot, I'll permanently buy the app. Didn't you name an app that lets you have purchased apps?

Lists are basically groups you put together yourself. You add specific users to specific Lists and only their Tweets will be shown within that List opposed to the main feed where you see Tweets from everyone you follow. I follow a shit ton of people back out of courtesy so my man feed is a mess. You can add Lists to swipable column with Talon similar to TweetDeck (RIP) and I think you can access trending topics from the action menu.

If you buy Talon again you'll own it, if you wanna dabble with it before making a decision you can get the apk from blackmart alpha but you'll need to patch the Play Store verification with Lucky Patcher (be warned, Lucky Patcher will interfere with in-app purchases throughout your system until it's uninstalled).

Yeah, you follow A LOT, haha, I can see how that would be helpful. For me it isn't as I barely follow anyone. I'm pretty new to all of these features. I've only just recently started to use Twitter more.

I'll mess around with it a bit, but I'm really liking the look of Falcon. I'm curious to try it out, but I don't think there's a refund option for it, is there? The app itself is free but adding accounts isn't.

I just hate that I'm purchasing all these clients and not deciding on one or the other, haha. They all have things that I like and dislike.

I really liked the old version of Falcon, you should still be able to use it:

http://lifehacker.com/bypass-falcon-pros-twitter-token-limit-with-this-chea-754679503

I think I ended up switching to another client because it was looping Tweets within lists or something weird like that. If you're gonna use it casually it's worth checking out. Give the old version a go and if you like it you'll probably like the new version.

I have all kinds of paid Twitter clients, it's my favorite of the social medias so I don't really mind dropping a few bucks here and there to get the most out of it, albeit Twitter itself doesn't see a penny of it haha.

I just ended up buying it. And right off the bat I had some issues. Couldn't create lists so I emailed the dev. Uninstalled and installed again and now I can make lists. I don't get it. Appears to be working just fine now. I've only been messing with it for a about twenty minutes so far and it isn't bad. I dig it.

Haha, true that. Only $4 no big deal. I might eventually buy Talon, but for now I'm good.

I was also trying to decide on a new browser. I normally use Chrome and I used to use Mozilla and Dolphin. Tried out one called Puffin and it is really fast but very laggy while scrolling. It's not smooth at all. But it is fast. Just decided to go back to Chrome.