Pantera - The Complete Studio Albums 1990-2000 Box Set

And just put on Far Beyond Driven which is Pantera's best imo. Sounds so solid. I wish they had done these as gatefolds to make the packaging more substantial. Pantera are legends, this box set seems really skimpy, and that's sad to me b/c I would put Pantera in my top 10 any day of the week.

I'll have to give mine a good cleaning and see if it helps. I have some serious surface noise on my copy of Driven. That's the only one from the collection I've listened to though as of now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pointless bump for most, but I finally got around to picking this up, and I heard all the talk about missing solos on floods, but how the hell did no one point out that dimes solo on walk is gone?  That's a bigger

loss for me personally. I do think though that considering the run times these things do sound pretty damn good. 

8 hours ago, bca683 said:

Pointless bump for most, but I finally got around to picking this up, and I heard all the talk about missing solos on floods, but how the hell did no one point out that dimes solo on walk is gone?  That's a bigger

loss for me personally. I do think though that considering the run times these things do sound pretty damn good. 

Walk definitely has the solo on my copy. Listening to it now! 

2 hours ago, bca683 said:

Hmm, weird, on the lp I've got a run time of 3:21 and in the cd it's 5 minutes plus.

That's messed up. Mine runs 5:15 on the LP. What happens instead of the solo? 

My Great Southern Trendkill LP has a Far Beyond Driven label on it. Did you have that as well? Seems like there are all sorts of issues with this box. But at least it sounds good. 

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Your record skipped 90 seconds of the song and you didn't notice?B)

You said the track length was 3:21 though? Or am I further confused?

Yeah it was weird, but I also wasn't paying that great of attention as I was putting a tv on the wall while it was playing. And the track time was noticed because I was ripping it to the computer and when I cut the tracks is when I noticed. But yeah when you guys said it was there I cleaned it up, sit down and listened again and it was all there. 

• 11 months later...