PO: Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour of Bewilderbeast Deluxe 3LP Edition (12/11/2015)

• 1 month later...

Um... so I just had the craziest thing happen. Apparently, for at least a split second, Amazon had the 3LP version for $14.99, and since I had signed up with Paribus, which tracks my purchases and asks for price drop refunds on my behalf, I just got $13.00 refunded, and have only paid $14.99 for this 3LP set. BOOM! 

BTW, Paribus has now saved me about $30 in the past 2 weeks, after months of nothing... so, it does work. 

since it is not supposed to be released until tomorrow (amz.com anyway) it's still technically in the pre-order price guarantee isnt it?  It should be charged that lower price regardless of paribus asking for a refund or not if it hasnt shipped.. technically right?  I am still showing locked in with the 27.99 price, which is nothing to complain about, but if it did drop 15.99 that should be reflected in my charge when it ships... maybe i'll find out tomorrow if it gets sent out... I still show it arriving on the 28/30th on my orders page.

but, been meaning to sign up for paribus... will have to do it..

since it is not supposed to be released until tomorrow (amz.com anyway) it's still technically in the pre-order price guarantee isnt it?  It should be charged that lower price regardless of paribus asking for a refund or not if it hasnt shipped.. technically right?  I am still showing locked in with the 27.99 price, which is nothing to complain about, but if it did drop 15.99 that should be reflected in my charge when it ships... maybe i'll find out tomorrow if it gets sent out... I still show it arriving on the 28/30th on my orders page.

but, been meaning to sign up for paribus... will have to do it..

No idea... I am not putting it past Amazon/Paribus to have gotten the CD/LP price mixed up, so I'm not asking any questions. All I know is that I somehow got this crazy $13 refund.

My Amazon.com order also has today as the expected ship date.  I'm excited to see what this actually looks like.  I couldn't find any good pictures online.

Sorry, this is not a very detailed photo. Inside the leatherette sleeve the records are housed in regular non-printed sleeves and there is a two-sided insert with the original album art on the other side and track list and credits on the other.

This is the signed 3xLP edition from Badly Drawn Boy's web store (limited to 100 copies).

5YGwXTX.jpg

Thanks for the photo. And yes, my $13 was from Paribus. I completely forgot I signed up for it so it was a pleasant reminder.

It really was pretty awesome. Perhaps you should post your referral link so that you can get your % down to zero, and to help folks following this thread in the future. 

I still don't 100% understand how Paribus works.  How do they get their %?  I never entered a credit card number or anything.

So, I can't imagine you didn't set up a Credit Card at all. I'm pretty sure they require it. As for how it works, they scan your email for receipts from participating retailers, or in Amazon's case, you link your account. When their algorithm decides that it is a good time to request a price-drop refund, it will request one for you on your behalf. Then, once the refund in given, they take 25% of that refund as a commission. So, 25% of money you likely wouldn't have anyway. However, if you get friends to sign up, for each friend, they take 5% off of their commission for a 6-month period. Presently, I'm now at 0% and they're not making a dime off me, but still getting me refunds! 

I'm not sure why they didn't request a refund for @curtis as well. I frankly don't think they should have for me, but again, I'm not asking any questions.