What are you Top 10 albums of all time?

Sad Heart

It's the only Floyd album I would need for the rest of my life. I guess some of the others are pretty good, too. Like Animals.  

Meddle would take top spot for me there... That album was the most amazing thing I ever heard the first time I took mushrooms... I'm Going to Chop You Into Little Pieces is mind bending when that high lol

Comps. are ok. ; )

Don't make me choose one 7". That's some fucked up shit. It was hard enough not making my whole list Minor Threat. Haha. I mean, they only had one studio album. The rest were comps. and EPs. But if I HAD to choose ONE it would be the S/T EP.

I skipped those kinds of releases on purpose haha.

Built to Spill - Perfect From Now On

Hood - Silent '88

Botch - We Are the Romans

Slint - Spiderland

Duster - Contemporary Movement

The Jesus Lizard - Goat

Mogwai - Come On Die Young

Rodan - Rusty

John Frusciante - Niandra LaDes

Codeine - White Birch

I know it's a thing, but your reasoning to not listen to punk ... like, what the fuck. Punk is such a crucial part of music. Skipping it is just fucked up. Plus Seinfeld is hilarious, so that theory is bullshit.

I know it's a thing, but your reasoning to not listen to punk ... like, what the fuck. Punk is such a crucial part of music. Skipping it is just fucked up. Plus Seinfeld is hilarious, so that theory is bullshit.

You missed the point of both my reference and (unless you're kidding) the principle as a whole. I'm bad at picking up on internet sarcasm, so I don't know.

I didn't mean to downvote this. Someone even him out please. If shit like that matters.

After much deliberation, three self-titled albums, and only one album that breaks the five years rule (and two others that are almost five years old), I think I've got my list. In whichever order I wrote them down:

FACT - FACT

Relient K - MMHMM

Dance Gavin Dance - Happiness

Beyoncé - Beyoncé (a.k.a. the rule breaker)

Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica

The Avalanches - Since I Left You

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Sepalcure - Sepalcure

Passion Pit - Manners

Imogen Heap - Ellipse

Honorable Mentions:

The Killers - Hot Fuss

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade (yes, really)

Anamanaguchi - Endless Fantasy (technically another rule breaker)

Underoath - Lost in the Sound of Separation

Mae - The Everglow

High Contrast - High Society

Aesop Rock - Labor Days

Baths - Cerulean

While I was writing these down, I definitely noticed that every single one of them were released after 2000, even my honorable mentions, which I thought was interesting. There's no doubt that I love plenty of older artists and albums, and I do respect the classics, but I'd assume it has something to do with the fact that a lot of the music I grew up listening to was completely unmemorable contemporary Christian vocal groups and dad rock albums that never really my caught my attention. I basically started my music taste from scratch when I was 13 or 14 or so; my friends were listening to pop punk, emo, metalcore, etc. and I'd just discovered drum 'n bass on an XM radio channel, so it sort of went from there.

You are cutting out or ignoring some amazing music

But if I won't like it.......................................why?

I've heard a few "classic" punk records and they all go like this:

(GI): I actually quite like this one.

Los Angeles: SiU Principle

London Calling: ^^^

Never Mind the Bollocks: Some of it actually stood out, but the other half was SiU to me

This hurt a bit extra trying to fight myself over Husker Du being post punk, which in my mind they are thanks to extra effort of melody they added in. Ok, mine will cover 70s, 80s for now, no country boundary, since there is just too much good stuff, but I am going to limit mine to punk or hardcore punk like Matt said. No solid hardcore bands. No particular order either. Here goes:

1. The Buzzcocks – Another Music in a Different Kitchen
2. Bad Religion – No Control
3. Dead Milkmen – Big Lizard in My Backyard
4. Fear – Fear the Record
5. Dead Kennedys – Plastic Surgery Disasters
6. Circle Jerks – Group Sex
7. The Exploited – Punk’s not Dead
8. The Misfits – 12 Hits from Hell
9. Minutemen – Buzz or Howl Under the Influence of Heat
10. Descendents – Milo Goes to College

Never Mind the Bollocks: Some of it actually stood out, but the other half was SiU to me

That's just the tip of the iceburg though, man. Punk is so fucking expansive. There is so much of it to listen to, and a lot of it is very different. You're taking a really small sampling of a HUGE genre and going off just that. There is a large handful of punk bands that I don't like, to down right hate. But for every one punk band I don't like, there are 10 amazing ones to make up for it.

I love punk so much. It is what got me into music in the first place. It's honestly my favorite genre. And guess what? You know how London Calling is adored, and is on SOOOOO many 'essential punk', 'top punk albums of all time', 'hear this before you die' lists? I fucking hate The Clash. Don't even care. Always hated that band, always will. I went out with that british chick last night and told her that. She went ghost white. She looked at me like I hit her dog with a car.

This hurt a bit extra trying to fight myself over Husker Du being post punk, which in my mind they are thanks to extra effort of melody they added in. Ok, mine will cover 70s, 80s for now, no country boundary, since there is just too much good stuff, but I am going to limit mine to punk or hardcore punk like Matt said. No solid hardcore bands. No particular order either. Here goes:

1. The Buzzcocks – Another Music in a Different Kitchen
2. Bad Religion – No Control
3. Dead Milkmen – Big Lizard in My Backyard
4. Fear – Fear the Record
5. Dead Kennedys – Plastic Surgery Disasters
6. Circle Jerks – Group Sex
7. The Exploited – Punk’s not Dead
8. The Misfits – 12 Hits from Hell
9. Minutemen – Buzz or Howl Under the Influence of Heat
10. Descendents – Milo Goes to College

I wanted to put Dead Milkmen, Circle Jerks, Minutemen, and Exploited on my list so badly. There's just so much good punk music! AH!

You and me, let's be best friends now. That list is perfect. So glad FEAR is on your list. <3

I love punk so much. It is what got me into music in the first place. It's honestly my favorite genre. And guess what? You know how London Calling is adored, and is on SOOOOO many 'essential punk', 'top punk albums of all time', 'hear this before you die' lists? I fucking hate The Clash. Don't even care. Always hated that band, always will. I went out with that british chick last night and told her that. She went ghost white. She looked at me like I hit her dog with a car.

This makes me feel so much better inside

For the joy of discovery

I wanted to put Dead Milkmen, Circle Jerks, Minutemen, and Exploited on my list so badly. There's just so much good punk music! AH!

You and me, let's be best friends now. That list is perfect. So glad FEAR is on your list. <3

I had a friend years ago who was a total burnout who turned me on to Fear and The Kennedys and he would play it on repeat so it just came to be what I'd consider background music for a first date lol. Dead Milkmen was the first punk I heard when in 5th grade from a friend's older sister. Bitchin' Camaro is engrained in those grooves in my brain. I'm always down for new BFF's  :wub: