Any decent compact turntables out there?

I recently picked up a very cool mid century cabinet, but it has been retrofitted with a Crosley Cruiser taken out of its suitcase and mounted inside. I know these are known for damaging records, so I am looking to replace it with something that is safe to play vinyl on. Any suggestions? I can take something apart like the cruiser has been. It will need to mount flat inside the cabinet, and be no deeper than 12". The width doesn't much matter. I am trying to keep it under $300 if possible. Thanks in advance!

-Michael

Any Chassis table so good ones are Goldring Lenco GL69, 72, 75, 78 etc etc. or if you're very flush Thorens TD125 or one of the chassis mount Micro Seiki's or even a Pioneer PL12D also the Dual 505's like a lot of the above can be removed from their plinth and mounted into another chassis whether that's how they come or not.

I'm currently doing the opposite where I'm building a suitcase table using a Goldring Lenco GL72 to prove you can do it and it doesn't need to be a crosley

Not so good but still reasonable usable ones are pretty much all the later BSR's and most of the Garrards except the 301/401 which fall into the very good and expensive category

In this particular circumstance, yes, I am choosing looks over function. I have a nice turntable in my living room, and bought this cabinet for my family room, as it will fit in perfect with the rest of my mid-century modern furniture. It seems a waste to not get a turntable for it, but I want modify it as little as possible, as it is mostly going to be used just as furniture and not much of an actual record player. Even though I won't use it much, I want the option of doing so without damaging my records. Make sense?

20151128_112934_zpsxywmutek.jpg20160126_200237_zpsdnbo3mez.jpg20160126_200302_zpsjjkxhk83.jpgThis is what I am dealing with. The depth from the back of the shelf to the door is 12 3/4", but the door is angled back a bit, so I only have a depth of 12 1/2" to work with. As you can see, the width really isn't an issue. If I need to keep the door open while in use, that will not be a problem either. i have no issues modifying the shelf, but that is really all I can modify. I fell like I am being difficult here, and that is not my intention, as I do appreciate all of the advice. At this point, it seems like the Pro-ject Elemental (http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?prod=elemental&cat=turntables〈=en) is my only real option that will fit properly.

I found 2 turntables locally that I am considering, but would like opinions on which way to go. A Dual 1212 for $60 or a Elac Miracord 770H that looks basically brand new for $200? Both appear that they will fit. The Dual supposedly works great, but looks a bit more aged than the Elac Miracord. Thanks for the advise thus far guys!

• 1 month later...