Vinyl final nail in CD Coffin: Wired Story

many of the press outlets have been writing about vinyl's comeback, but it really isn't likely that this will become a mainstream format again. I think it is experiencing a great amount of positive momentum, but chains and big box retailers don't know what to do with vinyl. I am glad to see anyone write positively about vinyl so no complaints here. WE will actually be releasing a few releases next year as vinyl/digital only formats.

many of the press outlets have been writing about vinyl's comeback, but it really isn't likely that this will become a mainstream format again. I think it is experiencing a great amount of positive momentum, but chains and big box retailers don't know what to do with vinyl. I am glad to see anyone write positively about vinyl so no complaints here. WE will actually be releasing a few releases next year as vinyl/digital only formats.

That's eventually where I want to get, vinyl and digitally only. Bands are just worried about sales at their shows, which is one thing I haven't figured out. I was figuring on offering free downloads but then you have to worry about making cards or codes, which seems cumbersome. I was also thinking about doing digital/vinyl but doing free downloads and allowing donations. I call it the BTMI model.

I've been cruising that Amazon shit for a little while trying to find Cardigans LPs, but no luck. I did just blow $40 on some Samiam LPs though. I feel like an asshole paying $20 each for them (average, including shipping), but they're older, major label releases that aren't easy to find.

I've been cruising that Amazon shit for a little while trying to find Cardigans LPs, but no luck. I did just blow $40 on some Samiam LPs though. I feel like an asshole paying $20 each for them (average, including shipping), but they're older, major label releases that aren't easy to find.

I actually found quite a few good buys on there. Too bad I'm broke as FUCK right now.

Seems like Amazon's format search option doesn't work.

Are all of the Clumsy (Bitzcore) LP's on red?

i know im not that qualified to talk about the subject, but i think it'll never become like cd's again. its like taking a giant step back, and i think in the long run when cd's become obsolete and theres only mp3's and vinyl, it will be the best scenario for everyone. but at that point, the labels who release the vinyl will have to figure out exactly how much vinyl will need to be made, because like it was previously stated, the trend will turn into a 2nd option, and once that happens, EVERYONES gonna want to be hip. 'Naw I mean?

I personnally hope CDs won't disappear

Digital download is a great complement to a vinyl release - just so you have a legal way to actually have the songs on a portable media (cause we all know vinyl isn't really "portable")

You can easily rip the cd you just bought on your mp3 player. But for people who don't care about vinyl, cds are still great

Digital download is a great complement to a vinyl release - just so you have a legal way to actually have the songs on a portable media (cause we all know vinyl isn't really "portable")

You can easily rip the cd you just bought on your mp3 player. But for people who don't care about vinyl, cds are still great

I believe the thought with CDs is they'll be replaced by strictly digitally downloadable music, which will take its place like CDs took the place of tapes.

I believe the thought with CDs is they'll be replaced by strictly digitally downloadable music, which will take its place like CDs took the place of tapes.

This also kinda sucks in a way, because EVERYTHING won't be released on vinyl, therefore eliminating album artwork for many releases. That is, if this really does happen.