Trade Etiquette

sherlock

Guest falloutcollapse

When I have a trade going, I get his address, and ship as promptly as possible (1-2 days). I normally get a confirmation number and send it his way. Always pack it nice, LP mailer obviously. Media Mail unless otherwise specified. And just keep the trader updated. It should go smooth, good luck!

If I initiate the trade, I send the record out first. I prefer priority mail. I usually throw in stickers, posters, or sometimes candy (I have taken a page off Polyvinyl's book and sent Airheads).

It is imperative that if there are any delays on your part, drop the other person a message or something. Things happen and sometimes you can't make it to the post office and shit gets delayed on your end...keep the lines of communication open. Always.

Don't trade with ronniethebear.

i would vote to keep disputes private, as this is a pretty harsh statement especially since it seems Ronniethebear was going through some shit.

i bought a record off him and it should be here any day now.

Ronniethebear's apparently been going through some shit since he started posting on this board, then, because dude's never, ever, ever been reliable in sending out trades/sales. Same with adammuzzy. Some people are just shitty at mailing things in an even remotely acceptable time window, and people should know that.

always ask for confirmation shipping. my first trade was a few months ago. i started a thread for a certain record and some dude pm'd me and we ended up making a deal for a trade. because i was looking for the record i shipped first with confirmation. he got his but i never got mine. i lose. havent traded since.

question-what is done if one of the people in a trade doesnt get their record? can you do something on your end to ensure if you dont get the record that you can get money back or something? cuz i insured the record i shipped out but it was my first time and thats what my wife told me to do.

always ask for confirmation shipping. my first trade was a few months ago. i started a thread for a certain record and some dude pm'd me and we ended up making a deal for a trade. because i was looking for the record i shipped first with confirmation. he got his but i never got mine. i lose. havent traded since.

Who was the poster? That's the kind of stuff that should be in the "bad traders" thread in this subforum.

Who was the poster? That's the kind of stuff that should be in the "bad traders" thread in this subforum.

i feel like a douche doing that but it was brought up in another thread. i did the same thing and didnt name names. he ended up replying saying to do this in private. i was confused cuz i never mentioned any individual in my post.

My trades:

Ship within 48 hours.

Use media mail with confirmation (unless another type of shipping is agreed upon).

Keep people in the loop. I tell them when I ship and send the conifrmation number.

Let them know when you get your record.

Always ship record outside of the jacket.

Also, with most folks on this board I'm not too concerned over who ships first. If it's someone new I may ask them to, but that's rare.

a board member recently bought a record off me. i sent it as soon as possible. they never recieved it. and i have no reason to believe they are lieing about it. so i refunded them the money. im pretty sure this seems like the decent thing to do

That is decent. I wouldn't do that for just anyone.

International shipping is tough.

Guest baseball

Just communicate with people. I don't think most people on here are going to get uptight if it takes a little while to ship the record, just let them know up front, and stick to your word.

Get confirmation, it's what, 65 cents.