RPM 1 Carbon vs Debut Carbon Esprit

Reasons?

De-coupled motor. New tonearm. Inverted platter bearing. New antiskate (magnetic). New counterweight. Sumiko Pearl (I prefer over 2M Red). Just over all better. I had the RPM1.3 (pre-carbon arm/without the other things mentioned above), and it was killer. I had a 2M Blue on it (after the Pearl got damaged in a move). Had the table from the day was released in the US, until I got the Marantz TT15S. 

Just a couple of things to note: RPM1 doesn't come with a dust cover, and while it isn't a must it's definitely preferable to have one. Also the felt mat has to be replaced with something less prone to creating static. What I'd do is get an acrylic mat and use the felt one to cover the acrylic one when not in use.

I just bought a DC Esprit yesterday, got a good deal locally ($479) and the big selling point for me was the built in speed box and the acrylic platter for a lot less than it would cost to buy those upgrades later. Mine also has no noticeable hum that I saw some people complain about. Buying from an audio store was good though, cause I got to test it first and made them align it for me so I just had to plug in when I got home. I'm blown away, but I had a shit table for years so anything is going to be better. I have heard the RP3 and it's wonderful, but can't comment on the RP1

I just bought a DC Esprit yesterday, got a good deal locally ($479) and the big selling point for me was the built in speed box and the acrylic platter for a lot less than it would cost to buy those upgrades later. Mine also has no noticeable hum that I saw some people complain about. Buying from an audio store was good though, cause I got to test it first and made them align it for me so I just had to plug in when I got home. I'm blown away, but I had a shit table for years so anything is going to be better. I have heard the RP3 and it's wonderful, but can't comment on the RP1

I saw that in the small talk forum; that's freakin awesome.

There's a local shop in Austin that I definitely want to get it from. They let you test it before you

buy it and then give you two days to try it out at home. The guy said they want to have satisfied

customers, so they aren't going to screw people over. I'm a sucker for local businesses, and that was the icingon the cake.

I saw that in the small talk forum; that's freakin awesome.

There's a local shop in Austin that I definitely want to get it from. They let you test it before you

buy it and then give you two days to try it out at home. The guy said they want to have satisfied

customers, so they aren't going to screw people over. I'm a sucker for local businesses, and that was the icingon the cake.

you really get a good value buying in person in my opinion for reasons like that, I honestly think you can't go wrong either way

I know that, yes. But seeing how I don't seem to have any problems with the pitch and seeing that the motor is decoupled from the chassis of the turntable and is sitting on furniture that does not touch the floor, I don't think I will ever need one.

I would love to try one out though, just to see what differenceit really makes.

No, 2 Pro-ject tables was enough for me. No more

Sounds like me and Onkyo and I'm not a fan of the lower end Project's either, that said Project are a market leader in that price range in the US for a reason so I would never discount any of their products and would always back to back audition them against whatever else I could find. The problem is they have rather flooded the market in the US so finding a credible alternative to audition isn't always easy.

Over here I'd say go and buy a new or better still a used Rega RP3/PLaner3 in preference every time but Rega's fetch a premium price in the US so that course is much harder to follow.

I still want to hear a Uturn as my instinct is that with the right cartridge that unipivot arm will sing, perhaps I'll order one to get sent to my parents in the US to bring home with me in May