PO's - Metallica - new Ride the Lightning and Kill em All remastered

You have not heard the new box pressings? I'm looking to hear from people who've heard the originals as well as the new box press.

I own original presses and I agree they sound awesome, but I'm curious about the new box set.

I've read opinions from people that have bought the boxset. They said that the vinyl is exactly the same thing from the previous blackened pressings. In a few days I will have access to a boxset of ride the lightning, only then, I will make a review from the release hehehe.

Where is your source that the single LP sounds like ass

I believe it is the same pressing in the box. They didnt remaster it twice

I bought the first 4 LPs when they came out.Trust me they are all terrible. Warped, scratched, and piss poor sound. Very bad.

The black album, however, sounds great still.

I bought the first 4 LPs when they came out.Trust me they are all terrible. Warped, scratched, and piss poor sound. Very bad.

Are you refering to the Warner/Universal 2008 represses? Becuase you are spot on.....KEA - ...AJFA 1lp and 2lp sound pretty poor....but TBA 2Lp and the 4Lp sound killer

I'm talking about the ones that JUST came out Friday, along with the boxsets. They only did Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning. If they remastered for the box, the single LPs versions should be the same master since they came out at the same time.

I'm talking about the ones that JUST came out Friday, along with the boxsets. They only did Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning. If they remastered for the box, the single LPs versions should be the same master since they came out at the same time.

People that have the new boxsets says that is the same pressing. I will listen to the ride the lightning 2016 version on a few days. I bet it will be a terrible pressing as well.

I listened to all the blackened pressings. All of them have a horrible quality, worst than a 128 kbps youtube rip. The only "acceptable" pressing was the 4XLP boxset of and justice for all.

Almost 99% sure they only released a 2Lp Blackened pressing of ...AJFA

The 4 Lp pressings were the warner/universal 2008 represses.....Justice was pressed on Green 4lp /1000 and both an EU and a US black 4lp.....along with the Normal 2 Lp

Almost 99% sure they only released a 2Lp Blackened pressing of ...AJFA

The 4 Lp pressings were the warner/universal 2008 represses.....Justice was pressed on Green 4lp /1000 and both an EU and a US black 4lp.....along with the Normal 2 Lp

You're right 100%, I just forget to put that the good release was a WB pressing hahaha. 

You're right 100%, I just forget to put that the good release was a WB pressing hahaha.

All good.....got a litte confused and thought id missed a run of box sets hahaha

The TBA 2Lp and 4Lp for me were the standouts....my pressings are fantastic....and ive only just got around to opening the 4Lp very recently....found the 2Lp did the trick

The better ones to search for from experience and research of the first 4 are definitely the Megaforce pressings.....DMM 2Lp Pressings...Japanese King/Nexus Pressings....Baznai Canadian Pressings...cant seem to go wrong with them

TBA its all about getting a Simply Vinyl UK pressing....i just havnt found one at a steal yet

All good.....got a litte confused and thought id missed a run of box sets hahaha

The TBA 2Lp and 4Lp for me were the standouts....my pressings are fantastic....and ive only just got around to opening the 4Lp very recently....found the 2Lp did the trick

The better ones to search for from experience and research of the first 4 are definitely the Megaforce pressings.....DMM 2Lp Pressings...Japanese King/Nexus Pressings....Baznai Canadian Pressings...cant seem to go wrong with them

TBA its all about getting a Simply Vinyl UK pressing....i just havnt found one at a steal yet

The DMM 2XLP (Music for nations) sounds brutally good!.

Now, I can confirm that the remaster vinyl of ride the lightning from the boxset sounds terrible. Compressed as fuck with no dynamics at all.

You sure it's the correct press? The releases from a couple years sound like complete ass(packaging is very similar).

However, I've heard nothing but good things recently over in the SHtv forums. The KeA supposedly sounds even better.

You sure it's the correct press? The releases from a couple years sound like complete ass(packaging is very similar).

However, I've heard nothing but good things recently over in the SHtv forums. The KeA supposedly sounds even better.

Totally sure. I haven't listened to Kill Em' All remaster, but RTL sounds really bad. They totally took the easy route and blow all the levels of sound, it sounds muffled and brick walled. No improvement at all from the previous remaster.

Pretty sure the hype sticker claims "First Remaster" which is just funny in its own right

It does haha. I'm gonna buy the single LP KeA that just came out, it's $16 locally. I'm not gonna find any of the great sounding pressings for anywhere near that price anyway, so may as well just get the cheapest copy.