PO's - Metallica - new Ride the Lightning and Kill em All remastered

Received both from Amazon today......survived the trip to Australia in mint condition thanks to the massive box and extra padding and then in smaller individual boxes with extra padding.

Just flicked through the KEA book....to cool.....and Listening to the Paris 1984 2Lp now.........its totally fucking awesome........I essentially got this for the live stuff and goodies....not so much the album itself, but i will give it a listen and compare to a couple of other pressings i have of both KEA and RTL later tonight......Cliff was so loud on the early gigs......sounds wicked

Received both from Amazon today......survived the trip to Australia in mint condition thanks to the massive box and extra padding and then in smaller individual boxes with extra padding.

Just flicked through the KEA book....to cool.....and Listening to the Paris 1984 2Lp now.........its totally fucking awesome........I essentially got this for the live stuff and goodies....not so much the album itself, but i will give it a listen and compare to a couple of other pressings i have of both KEA and RTL later tonight......Cliff was so loud on the early gigs......sounds wicked

Great review!

Down side..........Have just chucked the Live at Palo Alto 1983 Cd in and had a listen......The Reverb/Echo on Hetfields vocals makes this whole gig unlistenable for me.......It will be staying in the box and wont get another listen its that shit.......My Opinion of course.......some may love it 

Luckily the Live LP isnt like that 

Spun the two albums only and KEA sounded the best by far. RTL sounds a little off on the first two tracks but clears up on Tolls. Overall I'd say if you can score these for the less than $20 each price they've been going for, don't hesitate. Excited to see what Puppets and Justice will sound like!

Spun the two albums only and KEA sounded the best by far. RTL sounds a little off on the first two tracks but clears up on Tolls. Overall I'd say if you can score these for the less than $20 each price they've been going for, don't hesitate. Excited to see what Puppets and Justice will sound like!

Were the new pressings outside of the Boxsets gate folds?

Nope.

Saw your Instagram posts, made me hella jealous I only bought the single LPs haha. Those boxes were definitely worth the coin.

cheers.........i thought the back lash on the price was un-warranted given the amount in the boxes......RTL even more so than KEA.....Cannot wait for Puppets and ...AJFA and im actually interested to see what they pull out for S&M, whether we get both concerts or some extra unreleased songs? cant remember if the set list was final...........St. Anger could actually be a bit of fun as well....Presido sessions and what ever was canned

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting around to listening to the actual albums now.....Playing them on a Debut Carbon with Ortofon 2M red....Marantz Pm6005.....Wharfedale 10.1s (stock VC set up? Hahaha)

Ride sounds awesome to be honest.....One of the better sounding presses i have ever heard....i think it competes with my OG Japanese pressing and Canadian Pressing that i harp on about. Its ballsy. Not a massive difference and not being played on the greatest set up of all time......but its probably going to be my go to from here on in

The record itself is flat as a tack (amazon shipped) no warps and its a heavy slab as well......came dust free and clean as.

Im stoked i picked it up......to be honest i mainly got it for the extras (massive fanboy) but im really happy with this pressing as well

Ill have a listen to KEA at some point

Bring on Puppets in US Fall......Spring for us Aussies

19 minutes ago, piky0032 said:

Just getting around to listening to the actual albums now.....Playing them on a Debut Carbon with Ortofon 2M red....Marantz Pm6005.....Wharfedale 10.1s (stock VC set up? Hahaha)

Ride sounds awesome to be honest.....One of the better sounding presses i have ever heard....i think it competes with my OG Japanese pressing and Canadian Pressing that i harp on about. Its ballsy. Not a massive difference and not being played on the greatest set up of all time......but its probably going to be my go to from here on in

The record itself is flat as a tack (amazon shipped) no warps and its a heavy slab as well......came dust free and clean as.

Im stoked i picked it up......to be honest i mainly got it for the extras (massive fanboy) but im really happy with this pressing as well

Ill have a listen to KEA at some point

Bring on Puppets in US Fall......Spring for us Aussies

I just picked this up and am awaiting delivery. I'm on the fence about picking up KEA until I hear more about the remaster. Let me know your thoughts!

To add I Just had this delivered...

Ride The Lightning - 1987 - Music For Nations - Direct Metal Master 2Lp - 45rpm

IMG_20160513_104854_zpsdfztvwvj.jpg

For those not interested in buying into the new "Remastered" stuff.....if you can find this at a decent price its definitely a pressing worth picking up. This one seems to be almost mint....and im just listening to it now....it sounds probably better than most OG pressings ive owned/heard 

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM, piky0032 said:

cheers.........i thought the back lash on the price was un-warranted given the amount in the boxes......RTL even more so than KEA.....Cannot wait for Puppets and ...AJFA and im actually interested to see what they pull out for S&M, whether we get both concerts or some extra unreleased songs? cant remember if the set list was final...........St. Anger could actually be a bit of fun as well....Presido sessions and what ever was canned

I hope the 2nd lp for st anger is the madly in anger tour in milwaukee that was my first show.

Both box sets are amazing which is bad news for my wife cause I'll have to get all of them now

Can't speak for RTL, but KEA sounds great. If anything, it's a bit bass heavy. The original sounds a bit more rounded to me, but I'd definitely recommend this new repress.  Just make sure it's the newest one. The hype sticker should say "Remastered for the First Time" (which is funny in its own right). You definitely don't want the press from a couple years ago.