Best album you ever bought on a whim

So one of things I love about collecting vinyl is all the amazing records I find that people just toss out to stores cause they think they either A) suck or B) think the format is dead. so I thought there should be a thread about that.

Awhile back I picked up Ex-Cocaine "Keep America Mellow" and its one of the most amazing albums ever. its noise blues and it rocks my face off.

this was actually on CD; but about 4 years ago i was on a vacation in new orleans and bought an album because i liked the art, band name and CD title. that was my introduction to Explosions in the Sky.

my best vinyl find would have to be a 7" i got a while back - the saddest landscape "cover your heart"

I'd have to agree with dierootbeer and say the newest Crime In Stereo. I bought that on a whim, and then saw them open for Poison the Well before I had a chance to listen to it, and it was a very nice thing to be able to come home to.

Other than that, Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground was also bought on a whim. That was also a nice surprise.

Whenever I order from a distro I always try to buy a few $3-4 records by bands I've never heard of. Lately I've been pleasantly surprised with the Snuffy Smiles bands from Japan I've been getting on this whim.

thats really cool, I try to do the same thing when I pick up stuff from smaller distros. lately ive been getting down with Dirt Cults distro

i never just purchased a cd / lp by just looking at it, but the few i have bought without hearing more than a song from the band / good reviews have been bands that i still love:

avail - 4am friday

dropkick murphys - the gang's all here

kid dynamite - s/t (bought just because it was dan yemin's new band)

Guest falloutcollapse

It wasn't really a whim, but I hadn't heard any new Crime in Stereo songs, but I bought the LP anyway. What a good choice.