Best album you ever bought on a whim

no records

but CDs I guess the new FFTL album, I know it's a filthy disgusting thing to admit to, but I used to listen to them when their first EP came out and wanted to see what they were like these days. It's not great, but some of it's ok, they sound alot like Hundred Reasons now though.

Guest baseball

A Wilhelm Scream - Ruiner, when it came out.

Hadn't ever heard the band, but remembered hearing the name. Awesome buy.

Against Me! - As the Eternal Cowboy

I remember going to Best Buy for no reason, walking through the CD section for new music and trying to remember if the band I was digging from the Fat sampler I was listening to was Rise Against or Against Me. I bought the Against Me CD but it turned out I actually wanted Rise Against - one of the best musical mistakes I've ever made.

Record I bought on a whim:

Slapstick - S/T (used). I knew the band and liked their music but I had no idea the rarity of the album.

Also, back in the day I was just getting into Against Me! (someone told me about them and I heard "What we Worked for" on their webpage), and I got "Disco Before the Beakdown" and "Crimes". This was just (like I mean, a month or two) before they signed to Fat. I wish I could be down from day one, but I'm cool with being a poser.

Against Me! - As the Eternal Cowboy

I remember going to Best Buy for no reason, walking through the CD section for new music and trying to remember if the band I was digging from the Fat sampler I was listening to was Rise Against or Against Me. I bought the Against Me CD but it turned out I actually wanted Rise Against - one of the best musical mistakes I've ever made.

That's exactly how I got into Against Me!, only it was Strike Anywhere instead of Rise Against.