RSD: Expectations and Best Practices?

Expectations: Chaos / being let down / over-priced crap / annoying DMB & Phish fans.

Best practice: don't go.

I tell this story every record store day because I love it:

The last year (2012?) I went there was some DMB box set. My local store only got one copy and figured sinxe it was highly sought after the most fair thing to do would be to hold a raffle for the chance to buy it. All the money brought in by the raffle tickets went to charity. Some dude LOST HIS MIND. He wasn't even that close to the front of the line. I could kinda see being pissed if you were first or something. He threw a fit in the store and then after he was kicked out threw a fit on their Facebook page for the rest of the day.

I honestly thought DMB existed solely for high school kids to drink in the parking lot of their shows. Apparently at least one dude SUPER FUCKING CARES about their music on vinyl.

I tell this story every record store day because I love it:

The last year (2012?) I went there was some DMB box set. My local store only got one copy and figured sinxe it was highly sought after the most fair thing to do would be to hold a raffle for the chance to buy it. All the money brought in by the raffle tickets went to charity. Some dude LOST HIS MIND. He wasn't even that close to the front of the line. I could kinda see being pissed if you were first or something. He threw a fit in the store and then after he was kicked out threw a fit on their Facebook page for the rest of the day.

I honestly thought DMB existed solely for high school kids to drink in the parking lot of their shows. Apparently at least one dude SUPER FUCKING CARES about their music on vinyl.

Last year I was in front of the line for RSD. Some girl showed up late and only wanted Deja. She knew she was to late to get a copy being 20+ back in the line. She spent the 3 hours left till the store opened crying to the first six of us in line about how bad she wanted it and giving sob story after sob story trying to make one of us feel bad so we would grab a copy for her. I thought she was going to go all Veruca Salt I want a golden goose on us. It was just sad. I really wish I could remember what all she said because it was hilarious...pathetic, but hilarious.

Last year I was in front of the line for RSD. Some girl showed up late and only wanted Deja. She knew she was to late to get a copy being 20+ back in the line. She spent the 3 hours left till the store opened crying to the first six of us in line about how bad she wanted it and giving sob story after sob story trying to make one of us feel bad so we would grab a copy for her. I thought she was going to go all Veruca Salt I want a golden goose on us. It was just sad. I really wish I could remember what all she said because it was hilarious...pathetic, but hilarious.

I was first for Deja last year. The guy who was second had no interest until something similar happened. Then he wanted it just to spite the other person..