where should i move?

Guest baseball
i could be in to baltimore, or denver.

look for a city with cheap rent!

You can live pretty cheaply in Baltimore. I pay $1200, but I live one of the safest sections of the entire city, have 2 bedrooms, and my apartment is probably close to 1000sq ft. You can get a decent, safe, 1br place for $700ish if you try. Or better yet, rent a huge 3 bedroom house with people.

Baltimore is not flashy, but it's a real city with a lot of cool stuff to do. There's a lot of great places to see shows and people are really into the music here, as Nick can tell you.

Don't be scared off by the crime. It's all about knowing where's safe and a lot of it is inter-gang, it's not like random people are being picked off or anything.

Another really cool part about living in Baltimore is that you're only an hour and change from DC and Philadelphia. And about 3 hours from NYC and Richmond.

I can vouch for both Denver/Boulder and DC/Baltimore. Both are great areas, but obviously very different. I love the compactness and connectedness of the east. It's nice to be close to RVA, Philly, and New York.

But Denver has a good scene too, the weather is nicer, and having the mountains so close is nice. I think of moving back there sometimes.

Riverside, Ca. Centralized location to every major So Cal area (90 miles from SD, 60 from LA, 30 from OC) and a pretty solid scene in town.

Plus I need a roommate. I'm eyeing this sweet house in the downtown area (where all the good shit is happening) for $1100/mo. I just need another dude to live in the other room to split rent with. I totally promise I won't rape you in your sleep or anything.

i could be in to baltimore, or denver.

look for a city with cheap rent!

You can live pretty cheaply in Baltimore. I pay $1200, but I live one of the safest sections of the entire city, have 2 bedrooms, and my apartment is probably close to 1000sq ft. You can get a decent, safe, 1br place for $700ish if you try. Or better yet, rent a huge 3 bedroom house with people.

Baltimore is not flashy, but it's a real city with a lot of cool stuff to do. There's a lot of great places to see shows and people are really into the music here, as Nick can tell you.

Don't be scared off by the crime. It's all about knowing where's safe and a lot of it is inter-gang, it's not like random people are being picked off or anything.

Another really cool part about living in Baltimore is that you're only an hour and change from DC and Philadelphia. And about 3 hours from NYC and Richmond.

yeah, baseball nailed the crime thing. it's funny because my mom always says to stay safe when i go out of state, but i'm in the city daily and she never bothers. but there are rarely any crazy things happening if you're in the right part of the city. it's pretty much common sense to know where not to go.

Long Beach, CA

Pros:

• [*:s4axyso8]Beach weather (not too hot, not too cold)
    [*:s4axyso8]Wildly diverse population
    [*:s4axyso8]Close enough to downtown L.A. and Orange County without actually ]being in downtown L.A. or Orange County
    [*:s4axyso8]Affordable

Cons:

• [*:s4axyso8]People will invariably ask you if you ]personally know Snoop Dogg and/or Sublime
    [*:s4axyso8]North Long Beach is shitty (but easy enough to avoid that it won't matter)

Riverside, Ca. Centralized location to every major So Cal area (90 miles from SD, 60 from LA, 30 from OC) and a pretty solid scene in town.

what he's not telling you is the traffic is fuck.

riverside's always seemed a lil bit too far, as there are places further west that'll bring you closer to LA / OC but further from SD and still be within an hour of LA / OC / surfing / snowboarding... i've always meant to go surfing & snowboarding in the same day, just for the fuck of it, but i haven't gotten around to it

(although the better snowboarding is maybe 1.5 - 2 hrs away)

oh, and vegas is 3 - 4 hrs away if you're into that

[*]People will invariably ask you if you personally know Snoop Dogg and/or Sublime

Snoop actually has a house / lives in my city. I have a friend that lives like 10ish large houses down from him and have heard about people randomly seeing him late night at 7-11.

he even rapped about it on 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted:

I got a house out in the hills right next to Chino

[*]People will invariably ask you if you personally know Snoop Dogg and/or Sublime

Snoop actually has a house / lives in my city. I have a friend that lives like 10ish large houses down from him and have heard about people randomly seeing him late night at 7-11.

he even rapped about it on 2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted:

I got a house out in the hills right next to Chino

Yeah, there are some sweet houses in Diamond Bar. I went to Cal Poly, so I have a lot of friends in that area.

Yeah, there are some sweet houses in Diamond Bar. I went to Cal Poly, so I have a lot of friends in that area.

are a lot of your friends Asians? as you live in Irvine and have a lot of friends in the Cal Poly / Diamond Bar area...

Haha, nope. Which is surprising, because I grew up in Cerritos, which completes the Asian trifecta.