PO NOW: Kings of Leon - We Are Like Love Songs

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Damn Matt ( @Dave Grohl ) do you ever sleep!? Was just coming to post this <3

Thoughts? (I def enjoy it)

Not really, no. Haha. 

And I like it. It didn't grab me as quick as Supersoaker, but I really enjoyed it with one listen, and it started to open up more after a few more listens. It's really well produced. I'm excited for this album. 

4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

OP is updated, Amazon has what i would imagine is the retail black for $23...their website is update so hopefully we get some more vinyl options/bundle but id be A-OK with the retail black.

Unless they have a deluxe or a same priced other variant I'll be happy with black via Amazon, too. 

4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

OP is updated, Amazon has what i would imagine is the retail black for $23...their website is update so hopefully we get some more vinyl options/bundle but id be A-OK with the retail black.

Unless they have a deluxe or a same priced other variant I'll be happy with black via Amazon, too. 

Bummed I missed the discography conversation. After OBTN released, everyone I knew was jamming it, and most didn't know about the old stuff. I still think OBTN is a killer record, but it took an entire summer to convince all my friends to check out A Ha Shake as well.

Come Around Sundown is garbage though. Didn't even check out Mechanical Bull because Come Around was so bad. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

47 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Come Around Sundown is garbage though. Didn't even check out Mechanical Bull because Come Around was so bad. 

Same. OBTN was garbage to me that I didn't check out CAS. Hated that too. Then didn't check out Mechanical Bull for a long time cause of those two. God damn Mechanical Bull made up for those two turds. 

16 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Same. OBTN was garbage to me that I didn't check out CAS. Hated that too. Then didn't check out Mechanical Bull for a long time cause of those two. God damn Mechanical Bull made up for those two turds. 

I'll check out Mechanical Bull then. I really enjoyed the tone of OBTN, but some of those songs were definitely pop-oriented. Thing is, I really only listened to it while driving around and smoking weed (fuckin' kill me, I live in the most rural area imaginable) late at night, so the tones were fucking perfect. If I had spent my time with the album at home, I probably wouldn't enjoy it. 

9 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I remember seeing the music video for molly chambers and being hooked. If I had to rank them:

YAYM

ASH

MB

BOTT

OBTN

CAS

This is why we're friends.

2 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'll check out Mechanical Bull then. I really enjoyed the tone of OBTN, but some of those songs were definitely pop-oriented. Thing is, I really only listened to it while driving around and smoking weed (fuckin' kill me, I live in the most rural area imaginable) late at night, so the tones were fucking perfect. If I had spent my time with the album at home, I probably wouldn't enjoy it. 

Please do. As I said before:

Stand out tracks: Supersoaker, Temple, Tonight, Coming Back Again.

The whole album is really solid. It's such a great comeback album.

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 5:53 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

PO bundles are up at their site, will update OP when I'm at a desktop but looks like black is the only vinyl option. So went with my favorite  (bullmoose) and grabbed the 180 gram clear and the clear 10 inch with the non album song both for $31 shipped, stoked

61kY6CRVJKL._SL1500_.jpg

Via Bullmoose:

Walls | LP | Black | http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23621314/kings-of-leon-walls

Walls | LP | 180g Coke Bottle | http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23711932/kings-of-leon-walls-coke-bottle-clear-vinyl-indie-exclusive-180-gram

Waste A Moment / Muchacho | 10" | Clear | http://www.bullmoose.com/p/23517476/kings-of-leon-waste-a-moment-muchacho-clear-vinyl-indie-exclusive

CD also available.

Via KoL Official:

Walls | LP | Black | http://kingsofleon.rockandrolltshirts.com/product.php?item=25219&store=

Walls | LP Bundle | http://kingsofleon.rockandrolltshirts.com/product.php?item=25220&store=

CD & CD Bundle also available.

Product Details

• Vinyl (October 14, 2016)
  • Original Release Date: October 14, 2016
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Label: RCA
  • Run Time: 43 minutes

( @KingTacoMunster add a space in those hyperlinks so they pop up in the OP)

Edited by Dave Grohl

4 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

Has anyone spotted a UK coke clear pre order by any chance? I've had a hunt round without luck. Imagine Banquet will get it. 

I haven't, but I imagine Banquet getting it. If for some odd reason they don't I can add another coke bottle to my order for you if you want it. 

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Dave Grohl said:

Exactly how I felt about the band. I had absolutely no hope for them after briefly hearing a song off Sundown. Then randomly heard Supersoaker at a store and sounded pretty rad. I've listened to the album maybe twice but thought it was pretty cool. Should listen to it again 

8 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

Exactly how I felt about the band. I had absolutely no hope for them after briefly hearing a song off Sundown. Then randomly heard Supersoaker at a store and sounded pretty rad. I've listened to the album maybe twice but thought it was pretty cool. Should listen to it again 

I've been listening to it obsessively for the last four months or so. I can't put it down.