Coming soon? Coldplay X&Y Remastered Version

I was quite ticked off because I ordered X&Y off amazon and it came super badly warped and wouldn't even play properly. Just got a replacement in and it's even worse than the first one that came. 

Wanted to find out if there were other pressings but instead found this page on Sterling's website (It's a mastering studio) which says X&Y was mastered for vinyl there in 2016. 

aEmoLXK.jpg

http://sterling-sound.com/albums/x-y-vinyl-mastering/

Wonder if that means there's a new remastered version coming out this year or the next! Or it could well be just a typo.. 

Edited by jmsmusic

Looking on Discogs, all of the releases of X&Y on vinyl were mastered at Sterling sound. The 2016 thing could just be a reference to the newer pressings under Parlophone/Atlantic since those have replaced the Capitol Vaults versions.

FWIW, my Parlophone copy that I got off Amazon UK a couple years ago is flat and dead quiet.

it'd be cool to get some sort of colored version of this... barnes and noble did an exclusive one for parachutes a few months ago.

also as a side note, does anyone know where I could get a poly sleeve big enough to fit x&y?  its the only record I have that i can't fit into one

Edited by Jamie Rarity

I got the Parlophone pressing from Amazon a couple years ago for like $7.  It's one of the better sounding records I own.  I'm not sure why it would need remastering.  

And yes, the struggle of finding a sleeve to fit it is real.  I've tried box set, extra large.  Everything is either too small or way too big.  

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I got the Parlophone pressing from Amazon a couple years ago for like $7.  It's one of the better sounding records I own.  I'm not sure why it would need remastering.  

And yes, the struggle of finding a sleeve to fit it is real.  I've tried box set, extra large.  Everything is either too small or way too big.  

I got in on that steal.  The one they sent had a big crease and I asked them if they had a replacement jacket.  They sent me a complete replacement.  So 2 copies of the Parlaphone version for around $7.