Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just gonna pick up joker's asylum. i'm not too caught up on things to know whats good lately. how's gotham after midnight?

Gotham After Midnight is kind of a throwback book. It's got a real mid-90's feel to it with Kelley Jones exaggerated style of art and all. It's nothing spectacular, but if you like Batman comics from the mid-90's, you should enjoy it.

so i got in like 30 tpbs i wanted all at once. oops. also a red son box set came in i ordered last year. so that shit is going to stay there for a while til i can get money for it all.

my pickup list:

gravel #3

uncanny xmen #500 ross cover

astonishing xmen #25

i think that was all that came in that i wanted. also need to get some trades tomorrow after i get paid. probably scalped 1, 100 bullets 9, and dmz 1 or the nextwave HC.

picked up a few today

walking dead tpb 5

goon tpb 1

gotham after midnight 3

jokers asylum: scarecrow

whats with the #1 on all jokers asylum? printing numbers?

anyone know anything about madman? i love the look of the character and what i've seen it looks great. he's got so many books out its hard to pick a starting place though.

Joker's Asylum is just 5 one-shots that are coming out this month. It's not really a continuing series, just five stand alone tales, narrated by the Joker. I think basically DC wanted a Joker book on the stands this month because of the movie.

Nice job picking up the Goon. That is consistently one of my favorite books.

yeah i knew jokers asylum was just 5 one shots, but i didnt know why they all had #1 printed on them instead of 1,2,3,4,5

They will do that alot of times with one-shots since it is not a continuing series or anything. Also technically they all have different titles. It's Joker's Asylum: Scarecrow #1 or Joker's Asylum: The Penguin #1, etc...

I haven't read Joker's Asylum at all, but I think it is mostly about the marketing toward the mainstream audience more than anything else. The Joker is hot right now because of the movie, so people will be coming into comic shops looking for it, and generally people who are not really into comics tend to think that #1 issues are more special and worth more money in the long run. I think it's an easy sell to someone who just saw the movie and wants a Joker comic.

Like I said though, I haven't read it, it could be an alright book.

ha those are pretty expensive on ebay.

there's a 2nd printing coming out soon... my store ordered one of them... if you want it i can probably pick it up.

I'm pissed about the second printing of ANY Absolute as they stated numerous times prior that they would all be a one time pressing.

I understand the hot-ness of Watchmen as a franchise, but they are putting out a regular HC version and re-doing the tpb artwork, there's no need to do the Absolute version again.