Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Borders and 30 percent off coupons.

what do you want to read? superheroes? dramas? Zombie Horror?

i've read two of the batman graphic novels i listed, and i'm just about to start reading the watchmen (i've heard nothing but excellent things about it and the trailer for it in front of dark knight seemed cool as well). i'm kind of familiar with a few authors and it really doesn't matter to me, though zombie horror (while it sounds cool now) may not be up my alley - other than that i'm an impressionable mind, so to speak.

this may be an awfully stupid thing to ask, but i'd like some advice:

where do i start with comics?

i'm not in it purely for the collecting aspect (though that doesn't hurt, either), i just always loved the whole idea of reading comic books and graphic novels and we're seeing these days that there are some great ones out there. but how do you suggest i get started? i've always been a big fan of batman and x-men. what are some comics/trades that are good reads? i know all about the legendary batman graphic novels (long halloween, dark victory, hush, dark knight returns etc. etc. etc.) and i also don't have the budget to go out and pick up tons of back issues. any help?

Check out the first page of this thread. There was some pretty solid stuff recommended back there for monk0nuggets.

i don't have many HC or tpb's. maybe 10 hc, 15-20 tpbs. i got 6 longboxes worth of comics though, all bagged, boarded, and in the process of being sorted and added to comic collector live.

Comic Collector Live is great for cataloging your collection. I've got 15 longboxes full of comics, around 150 TPB's, 9 HC's, around 30 comic related magazines (Mad, old Warren horror zines) and about 30 art/sketch books. CCL is really good with the individual issues. There were very few that I had that I couldn't find on there. Their TPB/HC list is not very complete though. It is awesome how easy it is to enter your comics. Before I was using a spreadsheet and that was a pain in the ass.

Borders and 30 percent off coupons.

what do you want to read? superheroes? dramas? Zombie Horror?

i've read two of the batman graphic novels i listed, and i'm just about to start reading the watchmen (i've heard nothing but excellent things about it and the trailer for it in front of dark knight seemed cool as well). i'm kind of familiar with a few authors and it really doesn't matter to me, though zombie horror (while it sounds cool now) may not be up my alley - other than that i'm an impressionable mind, so to speak.

Well i always reccomend the walking dead because its just an amazingly awesome written book, its more about the humans in the world dominated by zombies and human emotions, but it has some real hard gut punches some issues. still one of the best books on the market.

I'm a little late to this thread and am not in the mood to read 21 pages right this moment so if this has been talked about already please excuse me.

Does anyone hear read "Hate" by Peter Bagge? I'm such a fan of this comic it's so funny and so depressing at the same time. I need to get the hate annuals sometime.

i've been curious about walking dead for a while... but it kinda bugs me how zombies have become so pop culturally cool in recent years. where was the zombie fad when i was growing up watching romero movies?

either way... i'll probably check out walking dead at some point... maybe after i'm done with sandman.

i've been curious about walking dead for a while... but it kinda bugs me how zombies have become so pop culturally cool in recent years. where was the zombie fad when i was growing up watching romero movies?

either way... i'll probably check out walking dead at some point... maybe after i'm done with sandman.

Walking Dead is awesome.

I Just Finished Y: The Last Man Series, definitely in my top 5. very reccommended.