THE FEST 7

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flights in the US are so much cheaper than within Canada. To fly anywhere in Canada generally costs about 500-600 return (at least any flight over 1.5 hours)

Yeah it would be cheaper for me to fly to orlando from winnipeg than when i flew from winnipeg to montreal for warped tour

i am considering going to fest for the first time and am looking for some tips:

1. how can you get from orlando to gainesville without renting a car?

2. if i am going by myself what are the chances i get molested? (gimme a yes :) lol)

Flights in the US are so much cheaper than within Canada. To fly anywhere in Canada generally costs about 500-600 return (at least any flight over 1.5 hours)

Yeah it would be cheaper for me to fly to orlando from winnipeg than when i flew from winnipeg to montreal for warped tour

i am considering going to fest for the first time and am looking for some tips:

1. how can you get from orlando to gainesville without renting a car?

2. if i am going by myself what are the chances i get molested? (gimme a yes :) lol)

There are several folks here from Otown that would help you once you know when you get here. its about 2hrs to gville. stay away from the rest area on the highway, you may find yourself more than molested.

• 2 weeks later...
WARNING: If you are driving from JAX to Gainesville - drive the speed limit!

about 10 different people over the past 2 years have told me that. cops are crazy about that road for some reason.

ahh the 301, I have felt victim to it once or twice, it goes through a lot of small towns where they make their money off giving tickets to college kids going back and forth

WARNING: If you are driving from JAX to Gainesville - drive the speed limit!

about 10 different people over the past 2 years have told me that. cops are crazy about that road for some reason.

ahh the 301, I have felt victim to it once or twice, it goes through a lot of small towns where they make their money off giving tickets to college kids going back and forth

for real.. what's that town called, Sparks? I had some close calls and roommates who got snagged there (driving from Jax to G-ville).

Since US 301 is a popular short cut between Northeastern Florida and the Gulf Coast region, a number of towns along the road have been notorious speed traps. Many have accused the police in Waldo, Starke, Lawtey, and others of giving tickets simply to raise money. The American Automobile Association has strongly advised motorists to avoid this stretch of the road.