THE FEST 7

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my girlfriend's good friends is getting married Fest weekend back in Illinois, which means she can't go and she is super-bummed. I told her I'll skip Fest, too, to go to the wedding with her, but she's insisting I go to Florida instead (especially now that I just earned a free roundtrip from Southwest Airlines).

What do you dudes think? Is she just testing me, or should I go to the Fest and not worry about it?

One of my girlfriend's good friends is getting married Fest weekend back in Illinois, which means she can't go and she is super-bummed. I told her I'll skip Fest, too, to go to the wedding with her, but she's insisting I go to Florida instead (especially now that I just earned a free roundtrip from Southwest Airlines).

What do you dudes think? Is she just testing me, or should I go to the Fest and not worry about it?

If she say "go" then go. I've never been much for deciphering the real meaning of what someone says. If you say it, mean it.

Have sex with her friend and immediately tell the fiance.

Result? Wedding = canceled = no reason to miss the Fest

Have sex with her friend and immediately tell the fiance.

Result? Wedding = canceled = no reason to miss the Fest

Her friend's a dude.

Well you know her better than we do. it can go both ways, but if you know she' hasn't pulled some shinanagens by now like "oh you should go, but really means the opposite", she probably is being sincere. Just make it up to her in some form... dinner, flowers, the ol' half half whole, boxing tickets...whatever Just let her know you appreciate her for what she's doing for you. Then its a win win.

Guest baseball

Goddamn, when did plane tickets to Florida get so expensive. $280 roundtrip Southwest from Baltimore. That's $60-80 more than last year. Good thing I don't have to rent a car this year.

Guest conoley

Flights in the US are so much cheaper than within Canada. To fly anywhere in Canada generally costs about 500-600 return (at least any flight over 1.5 hours)

i think you're straight on this one bro, she told me that she doesn't want you to miss fest over this... and i doubt she woulda told me if she was using this as an opportunity to torture you :)

Guest genericinsight
Goddamn, when did plane tickets to Florida get so expensive. $280 roundtrip Southwest from Baltimore. That's $60-80 more than last year. Good thing I don't have to rent a car this year.

Flights in general have gone up because of gas prices.

Guest genericinsight

JetBlue is having another sale, $15 off if you type in the code "FF1508". Only valid today through this Thursday.

Also:

http://www.noidearecords.com/fest/board/viewtopic.php?t=4178

We've been keeping an ongoing updated list of confirmed bands at the Fest boards. Nobody "officially" announced but it's all based on whether a band has it posted on tourdates at their Myspace pages or bands telling individuals if they've been confirmed or not. Either way, its fairly reliable sources overall I'd say.