Brazil Presses

I know that there are tons of Brazilian Ramones pressings floating around but I always assumed it was because they were so big down there. It seems US distribution wouldn't make it that far and maybe because they're the only country in S. America that speaks Portugese that they're more rare than just a regular South American pressing. That all just came out of my ass though, maybe someone knows for sure.

Some of it has to do with the rarity of certain pressings in other countries. I know I've been wanting copies of Sabbath's dehumanizer and Judas Priest's painkiller, but I almost always only see Brazil pressings. I think there just might have been more of them than US or Euro pressings. Or that album might have never been pressed at all outside of Brazil.

I own several Brazilian pressings. I always suspected they might be bootlegs but the albums I own don't show many, if any, signs of being bootlegs. I chalk it up to Brazil continuing to produce vinyl when the vast majority of countries stopped. Many of the albums I own are from the early 90s and are available only from Brazil or from one other country as well. When I compare the two pressings, I don't see any differences that lead me to believe they are bootlegs.

I don't think Brazil has any vinyl plants anymore. Pretty sure that's what my friends down there told me at least. I remember they told me they would like to press vinyl if they could do it in the country.

Check this out and tell me it wouldn't be awesome if this band were on vinyl:

http://www.myspace.com/porcocego

I thought it was neat when I looked at a Nirvana discography that there's a Zimbabwe pressing of Nevermind.

I know that there are tons of Brazilian Ramones pressings floating around but I always assumed it was because they were so big down there. It seems US distribution wouldn't make it that far and maybe because they're the only country in S. America that speaks Portugese that they're more rare than just a regular South American pressing. That all just came out of my ass though, maybe someone knows for sure.

sounds like a legit bullshitting to me

;D