dawhizz

PO: Toad the Wet Sprocket - Fear & Dulcinea

38 minutes ago, Jimmarcucci said:

Phillips mentioned that the cost for both was like $30 each to repress due to many different factors including the label. He complained that he couldn’t make any money off of them and was risky to repress them in the first place. If it does ever dip in price the band may take some losses on the remaining lps. 

Would love to hear these “many different factors” besides the label. I’m sure the licensing could have been bad due to them being young and naive and signing a bad contract with the label back in the day. But to say other factors contributed to a 50 fucking dollar single lp is straight up bullshit. We all know how much records cost to press. And it isn’t whatever wackadoo math that makes single lp releases half of a Benjamin. 

On 7/28/2018 at 10:32 AM, jrodan said:

Would love to hear these “many different factors” besides the label. I’m sure the licensing could have been bad due to them being young and naive and signing a bad contract with the label back in the day. But to say other factors contributed to a 50 fucking dollar single lp is straight up bullshit. We all know how much records cost to press. And it isn’t whatever wackadoo math that makes single lp releases half of a Benjamin. 

I hate that it’s still not sold out too. Did they order like 10k?? Damn