Hypothetical Exclusive Vinyl Partner Question

Guest admin1338560633

Things I'd personally like to see:

Boys Night Out - all

Scarlet - This Was Always Meant To Fall Apart.

Things that would sell like hotcakes

Killswitch Engage

Every Time I Die (individual re-presses)

From Autumn To Ashes

Zao

Maylene And The Sons Of Disaster

Madball

Misery Signals

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe that's why licensing the Boys Night Out LPs to Forge Again/One Day Savior wasn't "in the best interest of the catalog." Although I'd really rather not see these records on 10 different splatter/half and half/etc. vinyl color configurations, I suppose I'd be happy if they just came out at all. I had some pretty cool ideas for how to do the records. Any chance of a sub-license?

On the plus side, this could save me many thousands of dollars and many hours of time.

I don't own any Ferret releases at all except for the Boys Night Out stuff, the first Misery Signals record that they gave me when I was on tour with them, and the first Suicide Note full length. The Boys Night Out LPs are really the only releases of theirs I would ever listen to.

justin, let's talk when I am in chicago. I would be into doing something. This hypothetical deal just came together so i don't think it had any bearing on your talks with them. sorry, i definitely don't mean to cock block!

Although I'd really rather not see these records on 10 different splatter/half and half/etc. vinyl color configurations.

i could not agree more! thank you, finally someone on here whos making some sense!

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen you make similar comments before about how multiple colors and such aren't needed, yet when I look in your trade list all I see are 7 copies of the same Lion of Judah record (whoever they are) or what appears to be every variant of Alkaline Trio- Remains. My point is, you obviously buy multiple copies of the same record, yet you talk shit about labels putting records out on multiple colors. Whats the deal?

He's a completist, but doesn't want labels to put out 10 versions of a record, because then he doesn't have to buy as many. Makes sense to me. Also, maybe he prefers solid colors to wacky stuff?

If BNO is pressed please don't make each record on 9 different colors. It gives me anxiety about finding them and it hurts my wallet too.

i could not agree more! thank you, finally someone on here whos making some sense!

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but I've seen you make similar comments before about how multiple colors and such aren't needed, yet when I look in your trade list all I see are 7 copies of the same Lion of Judah record (whoever they are) or what appears to be every variant of Alkaline Trio- Remains. My point is, you obviously buy multiple copies of the same record, yet you talk shit about labels putting records out on multiple colors. Whats the deal?

fair enough, i was agreeing more so with him on the color comment. not a big fan of all the bizzare colors that labels are putting out as of recently. and yes i do own many copies of the same record, if its a band i really enjoy and wouldnt mind/can afford them ill buy them. id rather see it on 1 or 2 colors though.

fair enough, i was agreeing more so with him on the color comment. not a big fan of all the bizzare colors that labels are putting out as of recently. and yes i do own many copies of the same record, if its a band i really enjoy and wouldnt mind/can afford them ill buy them. id rather see it on 1 or 2 colors though.

I'll buy multiple copies too if I enjoy the band and I have the money. Anyways, I see what you're saying about not being into crazy colors. Personally, I like it when the color of the vinyl matches the artwork of the record. It is pretty tacky when a record is arbitrarily given some whacky color for no reason.

Anyways, I was just curious where you were coming from. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything.

I'll buy multiple copies too if I enjoy the band and I have the money. Anyways, I see what you're saying about not being into crazy colors. Personally, I like it when the color of the vinyl matches the artwork of the record. It is pretty tacky when a record is arbitrarily given some whacky color for no reason.

Anyways, I was just curious where you were coming from. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything.

YOU DICK!! you cant have an opinion! im gonna smite you every day now for a week, hu you like that hu?! yah just watch those karma points go down.. how will you be able to look at yourself in the mirror...

haha just kidding, its all good. discussions and expressing opinions, isnt that what message boards are about?