BARONESS "Red Album" test pressing BENEFIT AUCTION

I will be putting a copy of the "Red Album" 2xLP test pressing up for sale on eBay along with a handful of other tests and rarities to help raise money for two local folks. Last friday night Jason Statts, one of my best friends, and his bandmate were both shot and wounded outside of a friend's house shortly after their first show. Jason has suffered substantial spinal injuries and has no feeling in his left arm and no sensation in his legs. Dave still has the bullet lodged in his neck and suffered significant damage to his vocal cords. While were grateful both men survived, we can't help but be outraged at the senseless violence and deeply saddened by the injuries they've sustained. With a little help hopefully both can recover fully, but only time will tell. Several fundraising efforts have been started to help ease the cost of recovery for both. Please help us.

Here is the story:

http://savannahnow.com/node/527774

One of the attackers was just arrested today. Here is the latest...

http://savannahnow.com/node/528124

If anyone out there feels generous enough to donate a few dollars to helping these guys recover, you can do so here:

www.stattswilliams.com

Jason was on the first record I ever released 14 years ago. He is one of my best friends and the nicest guy you'll ever meet. These auctions will go up tonight. I will post a link when they do. Please bid and help us help the ones we love.

Thank you.

Pat

I just read the articles (weren't loading up earlier)...I am apalled (sp?) at how this all happened. Goddamn! And my friends ask me why I'm misanthropic 24/7.

I may not be able to snag the test pressings or anything but will do what I can to contribute. No one deserves what happened to David and Jason.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160257710672

I apologize for the shitty way the pictures are included in the auction. For whatever reason eBay's add a picture feature wasn't working and I wanted to get this up tonight. I'll try and add some into the auction tomorrow, perhaps it will be working properly then.

This auction is up for only five days. I appreciate everyone's comments and positivity. If you can't bid, but can make a donation that would be awesome. Every little bit helps.

I'll put more tests of other releases up for sale in the next couple of days. Thanks again.

i joined bidding too but i'm out now.

i hope the winner will know how we try to help those guys.

and he shouldn't feel like we tried to pump the price up for fun....

yeah I hate to see people pay excessively for anything...but this is a charity auction, and it's really awesome that Hyperealist made this available...especially since ppl go so fucking crazy for test presses...so if the winner has a major bone to pick with me for bidding it up from 170-175 then I'll sell them a record from the label for $5 off.