More Reinventing Axl Rose Awesomeness

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greyish purple, Purpley grey, medium grey swirl. You are doomed.

on other fronts:

I asked this question of the pressing plant:

"Do you use the same material for the various weights of LPs?"

And the answer was:

"Yes the vinyl is all the same."

-- I will report more as I find it.

In the meantime, I'm going to press RAR on 180 and on 140, both black vinyl. A small run, between 100 and 300 each. I'll post when they are closer to arriving. Let's get to the bottom of this, haha!

on other fronts:

And the answer was:

In the meantime, I'm going to press RAR on 180 and on 140, both black vinyl. A small run, between 100 and 300 each. I'll post when they are closer to arriving. Let's get to the bottom of this, haha!

hiyooo...now THIS is hilarious!

on other fronts:

And the answer was:

1. How awesome is it that var is posting here?

2. Someone should find out if the new LTJ record was pressed using the same materials, because there is a 180g and various other pressings...that could be a good testing ground.

on other fronts:

And the answer was:

2. Someone should find out if the new LTJ record was pressed using the same materials, because there is a 180g and various other pressings...that could be a good testing ground.

1. Very!

2. Another comparison that could be quite good would be AM! - New Wave vs. White People For Peace 12"...although the different positioning of the song could affect the outcome more than the vinyl weight.

-- Blue covers... there was a version with blue covers. Ha. Sorry if your face melted.

(For an extra $100 we'll screen print any damn thing you want on the cover. Your face instead of Axl, for example? Hahaha.)

-- The new LTJ looks like it was pressed at GZ, judging from the appearance of the vinyl. I do not have one yet, but I bet the inscription is stamped in, not hand scratched. That means direct-metal mastering and a different material than used in the USA.

on other fronts:

And the answer was:

So stoked on this!!!

I can't believe I forgot to ask Vinnie about the weight of the new vinyl when I was talking to him at the Poughkeepsie show.

-- Yes, gonna do the 180 RAR. Probably 300 copies. More info later. I dunno how many people will care, but it will be an interesting experiment.

-- Yeah, I said it, so I'll back up the custom screened RAR idiocy. I was actually joking, but I'll sure as heck do it. Most of that $ will go toward the poor sap that will have to burn the screens and do the printing. Damn.