No Idea re-releasing Lifetime s/t LP?

mclz

i have this on red so this doesnt really effect me but i dont get the whole "dont repress it" jargon. its always easier to say dont repress it when you actually have the record. and like ive said before, we've all been on the other side of that fence where theres a record you'd kill to have and you cant have it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no idea are stand up people. they're great in what they do, and their music is cheap, a lot like asian man records. i'm confident that no idea won't oversell the record like the people at FBR did. represses, ok. but as long as it's not pressing after pressing after pressing (which i don't think it would be). i'd be alright with represses as long as they were limited to 4-8 different pressings (each one being one or two color specific), and then stopped (like they did with earlier no idea releases).

from my understanding vinnie left fbr a while ago and sold all of his shares of the company so i dont think thats entirely relevant at this point.

Hmm, you could be totally right. I stopped paying attention to LTJ as while ago but I just remember in the past that was his label. That would explain why that label releases what the do now.

No Idea honestly, by far, is the worst when it comes to colored vinyl. I think the reason they always have the ugliest shit vinyl is because they get it for free. I know United dumps all the left over colors together after a certain pressing and sells that stuff for cheap just to get rid off it. So I think it's all from the same batch and same pressing but if one has some purple in it than No Idea and it's collectors make a big stink about how there was only 35 and 1/2 with purple splatter or some bullshit when in actuallity the rest of the press looks exactly the same just insted of purple in it, it might have orange or red or whatever. Not really very collectible to me in any way what so ever. Most importantly the vinyl is always ugly, ALWAYS.

And just a quick note, I know that Vinny from LTJ did the vinyl for the new Lifetime and duhh, LTJ released so stuff on no idea so I'm sure they worked up some deal that didn't cost no idea too much money to get the license to press the new Lifetime lp. Just a thought.

Vinnie left FBR before the Liftime record even came out so you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

No Idea honestly, by far, is the worst when it comes to colored vinyl. I think the reason they always have the ugliest shit vinyl is because they get it for free. I know United dumps all the left over colors together after a certain pressing and sells that stuff for cheap just to get rid off it. So I think it's all from the same batch and same pressing but if one has some purple in it than No Idea and it's collectors make a big stink about how there was only 35 and 1/2 with purple splatter or some bullshit when in actuallity the rest of the press looks exactly the same just insted of purple in it, it might have orange or red or whatever. Not really very collectible to me in any way what so ever. Most importantly the vinyl is always ugly, ALWAYS.

And just a quick note, I know that Vinny from LTJ did the vinyl for the new Lifetime and duhh, LTJ released so stuff on no idea so I'm sure they worked up some deal that didn't cost no idea too much money to get the license to press the new Lifetime lp. Just a thought.

Vinnie left FBR before the Liftime record even came out so you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Read the reply right above you genius. I stopped paying attention to LTJ and anything related when I was 17, sorry

Guest conoley

People should keep in mind that there are plenty of records on No Idea that aren't HWM or AM! related and don't have a million presses. While the colours aren't always the best (esp. purple) you should keep in mind that they have done some pretty rad stuff (Fifth Hour Hero - Not Revenge...). Most of the records they have released are pretty limited and easily identifiable.

I do not get the blasting of No Idea here???

Are you serious??? Really???

Just because they press an odd amount of weird colors or have scraps that make odd variants does not mean that you as a buyer have to buy them. Who cares what they press, hell, let them press it on 100 different color variations. I will buy my one and be happy with it.

Guest falloutcollapse

I really just like having a copy of something on vinyl as opposed to shitty MP3's. The color really doesn't phase me as much as it does a lot of you. I'd personally love it if No Idea repressed it because things are cheap and normally an alright color.

If you don't want them to repress this then you're into music for the wrong reason. You can be a fan and a collector, but don't just be a collector. That's very selfish.

Some people may really want to own this record and you should be grateful that they can finally get their hands on it.

No Idea doesn't press records on 10 different colors on purpose. You can't expect that shit to be 100% pure one color. Especially if it's a "mixed" color. Vinyl pellets/flakes come in only so many colors. If you want some color that's a mixture of a couple of different colors (say you want orange vinyl), they have to mix other colors to make it. As a result, not every record is going to be the same color, because while they mix the flakes up, they're never going to come out perfectly. Now, if it's a solid color, it's much more likely to turn out uniform throughout. Regardless, you still might get a streak or two in there from stray flakes from other pressings. They don't have dedicated presses for each possible color.

That said, anyone who complains about No Idea being cheap when it comes to pressing is insane. They usually have nice, full color layouts, inserts, colored vinyl, nice labels....all this shit is incredibly expensive. If they press 500 copies of a record, and they're selling it to the customer for $6 or whatever, they're probably barely breaking even. Press some records and you'll see what I mean. I was losing $1 on every copy I sold of the Boys Night Out LP at first. When you add up the cost of shipping supplies, paypal fees, paying people to pack orders, etc. No Idea is bottom dollar for sure. Quality product, great price. Shit, the only reason they can afford to do some of these records on vinyl at all is probably because people are willing to buy 25 different versions of the same Against Me! record.

Guest falloutcollapse
No Idea doesn't press records on 10 different colors on purpose. You can't expect that shit to be 100% pure one color. Especially if it's a "mixed" color. Vinyl pellets/flakes come in only so many colors. If you want some color that's a mixture of a couple of different colors (say you want orange vinyl), they have to mix other colors to make it. As a result, not every record is going to be the same color, because while they mix the flakes up, they're never going to come out perfectly. Now, if it's a solid color, it's much more likely to turn out uniform throughout. Regardless, you still might get a streak or two in there from stray flakes from other pressings. They don't have dedicated presses for each possible color.

That said, anyone who complains about No Idea being cheap when it comes to pressing is insane. They usually have nice, full color layouts, inserts, colored vinyl, nice labels....all this shit is incredibly expensive. If they press 500 copies of a record, and they're selling it to the customer for $6 or whatever, they're probably barely breaking even. Press some records and you'll see what I mean. I was losing $1 on every copy I sold of the Boys Night Out LP at first. When you add up the cost of shipping supplies, paypal fees, paying people to pack orders, etc. No Idea is bottom dollar for sure. Quality product, great price. Shit, the only reason they can afford to do some of these records on vinyl at all is probably because people are willing to buy 25 different versions of the same Against Me! record.

Very well put. Without the parts of personal experience, this is what I was trying to say.

Most importantly the vinyl is always ugly, ALWAYS.

I mean, I'va accepted it for No Idea's other bands like HWM and AM!, but to turn Lifetime's discography into this mess at this point would just suck. I just hate the colours that come out of No Idea, I'd rather it just be black then that mess.

wah, go cry in your livejournal over this. I for one am stoked because I missed out on getting the LP the first time because wieners like you who bought 5 copies of it at a time trying to get the most limited colors evarsz. Now, they need to re-press jerseys best dancers and hello bastards and i'll be set.

People like you are going to ruin this message board

Yep, I've sold almost half of the Appleseed Cast records and haven't come close to smelling even.

Read the reply right above you genius. I stopped paying attention to LTJ and anything related when I was 17, sorry

You stopped paying attention to LTJ when you were 17, but your email is

[email protected]......

FTW