Bad news about the Thrice alchemy box set

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

I received an email from Vagrant records today asking for my phone number. I replied and soon after got a call. Seems as though there are some problems with us having a pre-order for the Thrice box set. Without getting into all of the specifics, the band are still making decisions on the packaging and are set on making a cloth box set as opposed to a paper box set. Because this will more than likely affect the pricing (making it more expensive) and may cause the release to be delayed (by at least a few weeks), Vagrant has asked me to take down the pre-order. Unfortunately, Randy at Cobraside just left for a 3 week vacation and is unavailable for help in this matter.

What does this mean to you? At this point, we have sold 200 box sets. I will do everything in my power to honor your orders at the price you paid. I am taking the item down from the store immediately so no more orders can be taken and when I do eventually accept more orders, there is a high likelihood that the price may go up.

I hope to have more answers soon and I am very sorry that this is happening. When we get more answers, I will pass them onto to you. Sorry about the confusion.

Guest Admin
While I'm stoked that you would honor the original price, if the new price is substantially more you really should cancel the orders or ask for the difference. It would be totally unfair for you to shoulder the losses on something like this when it was not your fault at all.

thanks guys, but I will keep you posted. I would like to think that cobraside/vagrant will honor the original price they told me, but if we have to eat af ew bucks, I would be ok with that.