Bad news about the Thrice alchemy box set

Guest admin1338560633

Guest kevinb

im sorry thrice just sucks now,i am all for re-inventing your sound.. but to go from illusion of safety,or identity crisis,or even artist in the ambulance... to this... it's like guys come on your not fuckin radiohead

this is an old story, but both the old and the new thrice are awesome. come on, this project was pretty hard and they pulled off well, who else done 4 different themed EP in 1 writing session?? and anyway bands release the same albums all over again are just doing for safety reasons, Thrice risked it and done fantastic.

Ouch, that hurt. Be nice! :'(

if it was a box set of:

Identity Crisis, The Illusion of Safety and The Artist in the Ambulance

than i would maybe get it. i lost interest long ago.

Im probably in the minority for liking the old stuff over the newer jams. whatever.

I love all of their albums, but Illusion of Safety and Identity Crisis are definitely my favorite. Vheissu is really really amazing for what it is though, and the Alchemy sets have some killer songs.

I feel that Artist is their weakest album, but it's still good.

it sounds like cobraside needs to get their shit together, from a business standpoint. regardless of how many variations (which i think is great, because more people can buy the damn thing), pre-selling an item BEFORE the band has given their approval seems like a major fuck up. if i were vagrant/thrice, i sure as hell wouldn't want some incompetent people putting out a product with MY BAND/LABEL'S name on it.

Some comments on there are pure gems:

"i'll prob buy...and prob re sell or use to for trade at some point in time...i dig thrice but this could be a good thing to have around for a rainy day"

"Don't see the point of buying an overpriced vinyl pressing of an album that was recorded digitally. Its not going to sound any better."

(In response to the comment above) "I'm buying for the packaging to feed the Thrice fanboy inside of me. If the record was recorded on tapes, then that would be fucking awesome, but even though it's recorded digitally there are still perks to buying. I know it sounds superficial and backwards but buying things like this aren't always about the music. I mean, look at the deluxe editions of the new Sigur Ros and Underoath CDs - they cost about a hundred dollars and have a bunch of really frivolous extra stuff, but a lot of big fans buy it because it's just part of the experience."

Our favoritest site of all time posted this news and linked VC...

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=431441

wow just reading that thread made me like the vc board alot more.

vinyl!!

honestly, it makes me worry about the state of a whole generation of music fans when i read threads like that, so much ignorance and and emphasis on style over substance.