best samiam record?

That's a hard question.. i love all their albums, but i'm a bit more bias as to liking "Soar" because it reminds me of a certain time in my life...but Really any album is good to start on... just the albums after Clumsy are a bit more produced and alot cleaner.

Songs to listen too would be:

Home Sweet Home

Slumbering

Sky Flying By

Capsized

Head Trap

Dull

She Found You

Take Care (even though the song itself sounds like a bit Superchunkish)

There tends to be a distinction between fans of their old music and newer music. I much prefer the newer stuff. I think it's a toss up between Astray and You Are Freaking Me Out for their best overall album. Clumsy is extremely close behind. Can't go wrong with any of them. The new album is every bit as good in terms of song quality, but the singer's voice sound so fucked up on several of the songs.

Clumsy is a good place to start. But then listen to Soar because, as has been mentioned, "Sky Flying By" is an unholy jam. I'm also a big fan of their last 3 records (less the latest one because it hasn't made it into regular rotation). Their first 2 suffer from some pretty poor production (Billy sounds like it was recorded in a tin can), but there are solid songs on both.

Clumsy is a good place to start. But then listen to Soar because, as has been mentioned, "Sky Flying By" is an unholy jam. I'm also a big fan of their last 3 records (less the latest one because it hasn't made it into regular rotation). Their first 2 suffer from some pretty poor production (Billy sounds like it was recorded in a tin can), but there are solid songs on both.

agreed, the production is pretty bad, but most punk rock records at that time were pretty poor quality compared to now. That's why it doesnt bother alot of old fans because we are use to that sound quality for records of that time, It's agreed though, that those albums would sound a whole lot better if they were remastered.

your reference about BILLY being recorded in a tin can reminds me of the CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER album "Stream of Consciousness" which was recorded in a empty beer vat. Talk about tinny.... lol

Solea > Samiam

You are crazy.

I'd rather listen to Texas is the Reason over Solea any day if I want to hear his voice.

I have to go with the s/t for my favorite SAMIAM record, just wish it could be remastered. I love them all though (I'm still a little bitter about CLUMSY... I hated that thing when it came out, I'm starting to come around though... it's only taken me close to 15 years)