MLB Discussion

Woah, Harmon Killebrew died. He was one of the best hitters ever and I think underrated and unknown when it comes to casual baseball fans. I remember when I was real young I liked him just because I heard my grandfather say his name and I thought it sounded funny.

Backed. Favorite quote about Killer:

"He hit line drives that put the opposition in jeopardy. And I don't mean infielders, I mean outfielders." - Ossie Bluege

^^ i think you're mixing up a few memories into one. there's this (it's a video clip that i couldn't find anywhere online, but i'm sure once you see this picture you'll know what i'm talking about):

[image]

and there's this iconic image from when he tied the old record:

[image]

but maybe this is the image you're mixing up with those two instances?

[image]

spent the weekend in boston, at my friends house which is a couple blocks from fenway.

sunday afternoon we took a walk around the stadium while they were filming baseball tonight over yawkey way. there was a small crowd, so i just kind of hung out over barry larkins shoulder for a while.

=awesome

after a seemingly endless amount of mishaps, i realized id be staying an extra night. around 7:30 i walked over to fenway, grabbed 4 standing room tickets at $20 each... from the box office... 5 minutes before first pitch... sunday night baseball... with the cubs at fenway... wtf!!!

awesome game to be at.. wakefield pitched his best game in years.

after the game i walked out where baseball tonight was filming the post game.. and once again hung out behind larkins shoulder. so i may or may not have been in espns background shot twice in a day.

^^ i think you're mixing up a few memories into one. there's this (it's a video clip that i couldn't find anywhere online, but i'm sure once you see this picture you'll know what i'm talking about):

[image]

and there's this iconic image from when he tied the old record:

[image]

but maybe this is the image you're mixing up with those two instances?

[image]

Yeah I think I was mixing up the Wilt picture with Dimaggio. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/NHiorote9-c

Anyone else ever catch a foul ball? Yeah, I react like a fucking kid but baseball is supposed to make you feel younger. That and this is the 9th inning of the last game ever at the old Yankee Stadium. That ball has it's own special display at home.

(I can't get embed to work)

i caught one at yankee stadium. 2003, bill mueller off david wells.

it was yankee stadiums 100th anniversary, so it has a special emblem on it.

Just get there like 2 hours ahead of the game and you should be able to get in and watch BP

Do they usually sell brew and concessions during BP?

Probably depends on the stadium on how early they open the concession stands but Id assume if they are letting people in the park they would have the beer stands open. I havent been early enough to a game for BP (aside from the ASG last year) since I was a kid so I dont remember.

yankee fans spent the day ripping the team because no ones ever thrown at ortiz. he responds by jacking another one in the first inning.

#pussies