MLB Discussion

I'm not wrong. Desmond Jennings is a fine bat but he is one prospect in a sea of developing arms. I like the way the Rays run their franchise though and I am certain they'll turn it around in the coming season or two. But be realistic - they might improve, they have to since they aren't really 0-5 bad, but they are third place in the AL East at best and I think they are really #4 behind the Jays, Yanks and Sox. I don't see the Orioles keeping this up with such a young pitching staff but who knows these guys all have big league experience and might be making a huge leap forward.

But I digress, my big question is why did I start AJ Burnett in my fantasy league today? Why do I have him on my team at all? He gives me a headache.

Last year was a bit of a fluke. You're not going to win too many championships with two 40+ year olds in your bullpen.

Your team was outscored 29-12 (in 5 games) in the world series last year. I thought that showed them making it there was a bit of a fluke to begin with.

This has to be one of the most retarded statements I've ever read.

Why? Because your team was embarassed in the world series last year?

ummmm what are you smoking?

he's never hit 30 in a season his entire career.

He's come close many years, and he has never played in Texas.

If he gets 500 ABs, he will hit 30 guaranteed. If it is 400, he will hit in the 20s again.

Year HR

2006 16

2007 10

2008 20

2009 20

2010 26

he came close to 30 once.

This has to be one of the most retarded statements I've ever read.

Why? Because your team was embarassed in the world series last year?

Nope. Because you're acting like you know what you're talking about. Have you seen the Rangers lineup? One of the best offenses, one of the best defenses, and, surprisingly, a solid rotation (so far). You're saying the Rangers aren't going to win with two 40 year olds in the bullpen?! If you knew as much as you thought you knew, you'd know that they are only used for 1 inning. And they're only 2 pitchers out of 6 in the bullpen.

Don't be upset that you're team didn't make it to the World Series. I also think it's hard for anything to be a "fluke" when every series is out of 7 games. You have to win 4 games....explain how it's a fluke when you beat some of the best teams in the league 4 out of 7 games.

Also, yeah the Rangers were outscored. Obviously the Giants were a better team. Their pitching is phenomenal and shut the Rangers down. Props to them.

Dude...I never said the Rangers are God's gift to baseball. I don't see where that's coming from. I only talked about this year and last year....I never said one word about the Rangers' performance prior to last season. I think it's dumb to say last year was a fluke and I was defending why it wasn't.

Dude...I never said the Rangers are God's gift to baseball. I don't see where that's coming from. I only talked about this year and last year....I never said one word about the Rangers' performance prior to last season. I think it's dumb to say last year was a fluke and I was defending why it wasn't.

Im not saying it was, the Rangers are legit but you have to understand why people who dont watch them all the time (like you and I do) would think a team that has had 1 good year where they made it to the WS could be a fluke.

Unless the Halos fix their pen quickly and dont get Morales back to what he was the Rangers should walk away with the West again and should be contending for another WS appearance. I still dont think the A's have a shot.

Well, the Red Sox weren't going to finish 0- 162. What are the Yankees going to do with Hughes? He's been downright brutal. Kind of sad to see from someone that was such a prized prospect at one time.

How about Manny retiring? Finds out that he's busted for drug use and takes the easy route and throws in the towel. Just Manny being Manny! What a douche.

If Hughes cant hang as a starter they are going to have big problems with their staff, that leaves CC as really the only guy you can count on. You never know what you're gonna get from Burnett.

Manny retired? Fuck that guy, Ive always hated him.

I dont understand how people can like him, even if he is on your favorite team.

hughes was pathetic today. sox were teeing off with his pitches, and he was just lucky to get some at 'em balls.

fun fact- it took lack and hughes a combined 41 pitches to get a swinging strike. thats baaaaaad.

and manny. ohhhh manny. youll always been one of my favorites. still a sad way to go out bro.