MLB Discussion

Manny got by on talent alone, he was the laziest player I have ever seen. He's a pathetic person, so many people would kill for his talent/oppotunity and all he did was make a joke out of it. I dont get how anyone could be a fan of that turd.

before he came to boston, i was always intrigued by him. then he came here, and while the antics slowly trickled in, it was easy to look passed it, because he was just. so. good.

so by the time his shit got out of hand, i was loyal enough to him to really hold it against him. his presence in the sox lineup with ortiz was irreplaceable, and its been tough to handle ever since we dealt him.

i know there was some inexcusable primadonna stuff that went down- but i found a lot of his stuff to be more entertaining. ie.. the damn cut-off, catch & high five, peeing in the monster.

edit: also this..

[image]

Yea Weaver has become a legit ace. I know the season barely started but its nice to see the Angels 1-2 guys doing so well. Both are 3-0 with under a 1.00 ERA. If Santana could be more consistent (he has nasty stuff) and Pinero can come back and be a solid #4 guy like I know he can, they could possibly have the best starting staff in the AL.

They need to get Kendrys back and Wells needs to do something on offense and their line up should be ok. Hopefully they can pick up a real third baseman at some point. Could use some more help in the pen as well. Im encouraged by a few things so far tho.

too bad wells sucks this year

Yea big time! At least we only have to pay him $80M over the next 4 years :-/

I think he'll be ok tho, hopefully he just needs some time to get adjusted to a new team. He has been maybe the worst offensive player in all of baseball so far.

That OF is ridiculous on defense tho. Those guys can really go get it!

just talked to my dad in VT.... all the red sox fans at his job are on the border of committing ritual suicide already.

its gonna be a really fun season, so many surprise teams are out to good starts, and while i know it probably won't last.. its really awesome to see teams like cleveland, baltimore, and kansas city giving their fans something to cheer about

yea baseball needs more turnover of the elite teams. its always the same teams and every year there's maybe 1 or 2 suprise teams. i like seeing those teams at the bottom make a run for the post season. its good for the game.

red sox fans should relax, they have a great team....just gotta get it going. they will be fine. im sure it will be a 2-team race in the AL East again.

Yea I was just about to say that. Without a hard cap the Yankees and Red Sox will dominate that division. Its sad to say but its true. Weird shit can happen like the Rays going to the WS but that defintiely wont happen often.

Those 2 clubs just have more money than they know what to do with and will continue to use that to throw their weight around.