MLB Discussion

yeah that was all about team performance, although there still are members of the BBWAA that are dumb enough to care about average

Well they still care about wins for pitchers and I think BA is a much more telling stat for a batter than wins are for a pitcher.

They have not leaned heavily on Wins in the last few years. Felix Hernandez won last year with a 13-12 record while CC Sabathia won 21 games and finished 3rd in AL Voting.

Zach Grienke won the year prior with a 16 win season. Tim Lincecum won in the NL that year with 15 wins.

The BBWAA have done an improved job of understanding pitching metrics.

Yeah, that is a true nightmare. I can't imagine being that kid. Simply awful for everyone.

Yeah, sad.

I don't want to see a video of the guy falling, but I would like to see the location that it happened at. It has been described by the newscasters but I am still wondering how safe/unsafe it was.

Yeah, that is a true nightmare. I can't imagine being that kid. Simply awful for everyone.

Yeah, sad.

I don't want to see a video of the guy falling, but I would like to see the location that it happened at. It has been described by the newscasters but I am still wondering how safe/unsafe it was.

I've seen the video. You can find it on Youtube but it's never shown in real time, but on slo mo replay. I honestly looks like a blooper but its not obviously because he died. It's crazy that the guy was conscious and talking when he was taken away. That image is going to haunt his kid forever....

Yeah, sad.

I've seen the video. You can find it on Youtube but it's never shown in real time, but on slo mo replay. I honestly looks like a blooper but its not obviously because he died. It's crazy that the guy was conscious and talking when he was taken away. That image is going to haunt his kid forever....

Yeah, I don't want to see a video of someone's death.

its a damn shame papi missed with that big uppercut tonight. although, that probably would have resulted in the second death mentioned in this thread.

but that really is an awful story out of texas. hamilton, obviously, feels absolutely terrible. but what about the announcers? their first reaction to the incident was to make fun of the guy. must be awful to have their naive jokes soundtracking the replay that everyones been watching.

So the Brew Crew got KRod and the Dodgers got Juan Rivera yesterday. Nice pick up for the Brewers.

ASG kinda sucked. Game wasnt really very fair with the AL not having King Felix, Verlander, CC, Mariano in the rotation and the NL having everyone. Oh well, Weaver pitched well for his 1 inning and the Halos AL West rival CJ Wilson got the loss.