MLB Discussion

what does everyone think of La Russa calling for two pitches thrown "inside" to Braun after Pujols was hit? i'm all for the game governing itself and pitchers occasionally throwing up and in or intentionally hitting guys, but i think two pitches in a row thrown at someone is a bit excessive.

La Russa also acted like a cry baby after that inning, having several fans behind the Cards dugout ejected from the stadium for heckling him and calling up one of the Brewers announcers after the game to criticize how he called that inning. he also seemed to take exception to reporters questioning the Braun at bat too.

what does everyone think of La Russa calling for two pitches thrown "inside" to Braun after Pujols was hit? i'm all for the game governing itself and pitchers occasionally throwing up and in or intentionally hitting guys, but i think two pitches in a row thrown at someone is a bit excessive.

La Russa also acted like a cry baby after that inning, having several fans behind the Cards dugout ejected from the stadium for heckling him and calling up one of the Brewers announcers after the game to criticize how he called that inning. he also seemed to take exception to reporters questioning the Braun at bat too.

larussa is a little bitch who always finds something to complain about. cant wait for that fuck to retire and become some old dude wearing tin caps.

LaRussa is a great manager but I disagree with everything he said after the game.

I get it, they hit Pujols so the Cards threw at Braun. Thats totally fine...as long as you're not throwing at someone's head. Its all part of the game. Its just when LaRussa was denying that they were throwing at Braun was fucking lame.

collisions are fun to watch, and its how the game was always played... everyone has gotten too damn pansy about shit... Ty Cobb used to sharpen his spikes for slamming into people, Koufax and Drysdale would put the ball in your ear if you crowded the plate... show a little balls people.

Amen. This isn't Little League, it's MLB and these boys have guaranteed contracts. Play the damn game like it should be and quit trying to tweak the rules because today's hot pretty boy catcher was injured. Is it unfortunate to have a great talent miss a season? Hell yeah. Is it part of the game? Hell yeah. Why do you think so many excellent hitting catchers get moved to another position?

Pretty much done arguing, but this had nothing to do with catchers getting injured. It was about whether guys should be allowed to be in the basepath when they are waiting for the ball.

LaRussa is a great manager but I disagree with everything he said after the game.

I get it, they hit Pujols so the Cards threw at Braun. Thats totally fine...as long as you're not throwing at someone's head. Its all part of the game. Its just when LaRussa was denying that they were throwing at Braun was fucking lame.

Im pretty sure he would catch a suspension if he admitted they intentionally threw at a player. Rarely does the media press a manager on those issues but it looks like one Milwaukee beat writer had the balls to push the issue. I enjoyed that greatly.

Amen. This isn't Little League, it's MLB and these boys have guaranteed contracts. Play the damn game like it should be and quit trying to tweak the rules because today's hot pretty boy catcher was injured. Is it unfortunate to have a great talent miss a season? Hell yeah. Is it part of the game? Hell yeah. Why do you think so many excellent hitting catchers get moved to another position?

Gotcha. Two issues here. You can't block a path without the ball. You also always need to leave a path to the base if you are covering. With the catcher position there are no paths so straddling the base is different. So, this is either change the rules whereby the catcher can't be on the bag or make it so runners can't charge. The best option is for umps to enforce that a piece of the bag must be left open and let the players decide how to settle the turf war.

As to Burnett? Cripes. He is the odd man out in this rotation but would Girardi have the stones to drop him to the BP? I've never like this signing, he was overpaid because the Yanks couldn't beat him.

Pretty much done arguing, but this had nothing to do with catchers getting injured. It was about whether guys should be allowed to be in the basepath when they are waiting for the ball.

Girardi pretty much won't even consider moving Burnett to the bullpen. so ultimately someone who is pitching well is going to be screwed out of the rotation or possibly sent down (Nova). maybe they will trade Burnett but i doubt he will clear waivers. the Red Sox will probably put a claim on him just so the Yankees can't trade him.

so gordon edes tweeted this earlier: if the sox/yanks play .500 ball for the rest of the season, the angels would have to go 32-16 to win the wild card.

"none of this matters"

(pointless) EXTRA INNINGS AT THE FEN!

nothing will ever beat the standing ovation Mo got in fenway during the ring ceremony opening day 2005.

but seriously... sox swingin their dicks around in the late innings all week.

Was that 2 games in a row for Mo?

Also fuck Texas, those guys never lose!

yes and technically no. last night he got a loss and the other night he just got a blown save. why Girardi even used him last night is beyond me. Giraradi loves using Mo in non save situations.

from the first pitch he threw Abreu i knew he was going to crush something. the cutters Mo was throwin to him had barely any movement on them.

Was that 2 games in a row for Mo?

Also fuck Texas, those guys never lose!

yes and technically no. last night he got a loss and the other night he just got a blown save. why Girardi even used him last night is beyond me. Giraradi loves using Mo in non save situations.

from the first pitch he threw Abreu i knew he was going to crush something. the cutters Mo was throwin to him had barely any movement on them.

Yea I didnt see exactly what happened in the Red Sox game but I heard he fucked something up. I cant remember ever hearing of him blowing it 2 games in a row.

When Abreu came up I thought to myself that even thought he's struggled pretty bad, he's still someone Id want up in that situation and then a couple pitches later he hit one out.

Also...dont get picked off to end a game when Tex is hitting.