MLB Discussion

i'm just as critical of every player when it comes to defensive blunders regardless of what point they are in their careers. i wasn't sold on Cano defensively till last season. baseball is a two sided game and i feel that you should be competent on both sides, not just one.

if you really want to compare rookie seasons, Jeter and Cano averaged an error about every 7 games. meanwhile Nunez is averaging an error about every three-to-four games. of course Nunez' numbers could change because Jeter and Cano each played over 130 games their rookie year. Nunez has 12 errors in just 46 games playing an infield position, so at that rate for a 162 game season (if he played every game) he would finish with 40 errors.

That loss was painful, Travis. Holland flat out imploded. Weaver vs Wilson will be a nice matchup.

Yea when Texas went way up I was like aw fuck this, its over. Then the 6th inning came around and the Halos went off. They REALLY needed that game.

Should be a good match up tonite for sure. Looking forward to that one. Hopefully Weaver is on his game, I know he will be.

tickets for those 4 games on the road probably cost less than a ticket for 1 home Yankee game.

i dont know where everyone gets that yanks tickets are crazy... you can usually get tickets on stubhub for $15-$25 for any game.

the baltimore tickets were a lil pricey because my friend is a fancy man and wont sit in the cheap seats... and the boston ticket was face value $50 because i got selected in the lottery

Man...that's a tough series loss. Awesome game today. Pretty bummed the Rangers lost last night, but oh well. I love Rangers/Angels series'.

Yea good series, all the games were close except the first one.

Weaver pitched pretty damn good but Wilson out matched him today. Wilson was facing a much weaker line up tho haha.

I don't know why people think the NYY tickets are so bad either. A few years ago we got like 8 bleacher seats for a Sox/Yankees game no problem for about face value.

probably because they priced the good seats out of both the private and the corporate budgets. Average games at the stadium feature empty sections on field level. It has helped ruin the atmosphere at Yankee games, imo.

for Yankees tickets i'm talking face value, not stub hub. prices in general for cheap seats aren't that bad but by comparison to other stadiums they are more than double the price, at some stadiums even three times the price. the very last row in the upper deck out in right field at Yankee Stadium costs $27. the same seat at Camden Yards costs $9.

if you want to compare seats at field level the price difference is even more absurd. you can't get a seat field level at Yankee Stadium for under $100, while at Camden Yards you can sit front row behind home plate for $60. that same ticket at Yankee Stadium would cost $720, one section back would cost $350.

you have to look at demand.. the yankees have a larger fan base than probably any sports team in the world... save for maybe some of the bigger soccer teams. You're also located in the biggest sports market in the country... and they're close to sold out at every game.

and camden tickets are definitely a lil more expensive than that... at least for the yankees games there... we always buy ours from the team's site.. and they're usually like $80 a pop for good second deck seats.

tickets for those 4 games on the road probably cost less than a ticket for 1 home Yankee game.

i dont know where everyone gets that yanks tickets are crazy... you can usually get tickets on stubhub for $15-$25 for any game.

the baltimore tickets were a lil pricey because my friend is a fancy man and wont sit in the cheap seats... and the boston ticket was face value $50 because i got selected in the lottery

The dirty secret is that the Yankees themselves have been releasing a bunch of cut-price tix to Stubhub this year. Attendance looks good but those are some discounted seats being filled.

I canceled my season ticket plan this year - I had one for 8 years - after they upped my base price 10% and cut my post-season option in half. The increase I could live with but paying more while getting less was not something I thought prudent in a recession.

I think I was right since all season I've gotten a weekly call from a Yankees Ticket Rep attempting to get me to take a pro-rated season package with full post-season rights. I found $3000 extra in my pocket, grabbed discounted tix on Stubhub & Craigslist and I think I'll enjoy the post-season at home this year.

They found my breaking point and since I could get packages in the $25-$50 range two weeks ago I think a lot of other fans felt the same way.

i lost count of how many times the Mariners shot themselvs in the foot last night. the glaring blunders are throwing home when they play should've gone to first for the sure out, outfielders lollygagging after balls hit in the corner to give extra bases, the SS not covering second base and trying to make the play on a grounder hit practically directly to the second baseman.

they did get two realllllllly bad calls at first against them.... but they also were playing like total shit... and the yanks offense just seemed out for blood last night.

I remember that play at 1st with Vargas and Jones (i think), which he was clearly out which sucked for them because it could have been an end to the inning and caused like 4 runs. That play at home with the bat must have sucked for them too. I think they will lose again tonight, but win on Thursday (Hernandez v. Hughes).

I also think that if Hughes does shitty on Thursday there is a chance he will be traded.

the Yankees are in a weird spot with trades. they have quite a few people who either just came off the DL or will be coming off soon, all of whom could help out or fill the biggest holes on the team. do they give up prospects to get someone who might be obsolete once guys like Soriano and ARod come back, or stay put and work with the pieces they have.

the only thing they could definitely use is another lefty in the bullpen and possibly another starter as an insurance policy in case Colon can't finish the season, Hughes can't be reliable after the injury or if Nova's injury turns out to be serious.