MLB Discussion

He's having a great start to the season

i was looking at his stats on the way to work today. something like a .224 BABIP and a 25% HR/FB rate. also hitting a ton of ground balls. it's just a really weird combination of results for at-bats so far.

This Wood/Fernandez duel is insane.

i can't believe he had 10 strikeouts through only 66 pitches. and wood's really proving his worth.

cole didnt even get a fine, which is also a joke.  he shouldnt have been suspended, but he should have gotten a fine for mouthing off.

Why should he get a fine? There is nothing that says you cant yell at someone without getting a fine. Cole has no way of knowing Gomez will flip out and start throwing punches and swinging with his helmet. Gomez does nothing, and we wouldnt even be talking about fining Cole. Gomez got more than Snider cause 1) he was already being restrained by the ump before Snider hit the field, and 2) threw punches and using his equipment in a fight, which is a bigger deal than leaving the bench.

Stoked for Pujols, he's been crushing the last couple weeks. In his 3rd year with the Angels his swing is finally coming back, he actually looks comfortable at the plate again. Really awesome to see.

Fernandez is ridiculous, he's going to easily walk away with the NL Cy Young this year if he stays healthy. His stuff is so nasty.